My new in ear monitor system

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by severinsteel, Apr 2, 2013.

1. severinsteel

severinsteel Member

Hey guys, so after soul-searching a little in the IEM (in ear monitor) world, I found a killer little setup for those of us who play an instrument and don't need to be wireless. This would work especially well for drummers or someone like me who is not using a wireless guitar system and is happy with a good old fashioned cable.

By cruising on some forums, I found a random post about this company: rockonaudio.com.
    I was looking for a wired IEM mixer with a limiter. They make one called the Tasty Blender. It has 3 inputs, 3 limiter types, cool green knobs, bass boost and cut, etc... So, I took the plunge and came out with some cool gear. There isn't a whole lot of info on wired systems, so I filmed a video review on the gear I received.

Here is my review:

Anyone else use wired IEM systems?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  2. severinsteel

severinsteel Member

Just wanted to bump this up. I've been using this rig with killer results!

3. Wake911

Wake911 Member

really cool. I've had that order page page saved in my bookmarks for a long time for if i join another band. Really looks like the best solution for the way I run my wired in-ears.

4. dk123123dk

dk123123dk Member

So its 179 for the plastic box, and 100 for a 25' cable. So might as well buy a Galaxy wireless unit. That comes with crappy earbuds vs none with the RockOn rig.

Seems like a decent product, but I think its a bit overpriced for what it is.

5. jimfist

jimfist Member

6. MikeVB

MikeVB Member

Another member here posted about issues with his Tasty Blender a few weeks ago. Sounded like he wasn't getting much, if any, help from the builder about it either.

I'd research that before ordering one.

I wound up ordering a Shure P4hw to plug my 1964ears iem into. Worked great on the one gig I've needed them on.

7. rickenbackerkid

rickenbackerkid Member

I would refuse to use it. No limiter? itÂ’s not going in my ears.