My new LEFTY Nash Tele Custom

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by angler87, Sep 5, 2005.

1. angler87

angler87 Member

After waiting several months for this guitar, it finally arrived on Friday. Its supposed to a replica of a 1967 Custom Telecaster in the rare white finish with black binding. Sorry for the lousy pic.

Specs-
    Swamp ash (rather than alder), fat 1" neck, compound 7.25"-9.5" radius neck, Duncan vintage tele pickups (which in my opinion are better than Lollars and Fralins), comp. brass saddles, 3 way switch, medium frets..

The finish is a nice warm white color with light relicing and great looking laquer checking. The neck is yellowed and broken in, without having the sanded look. The guitar is light weight and extremely resonant.

Overall, this guitar is absolutely incredible and better than any Tele I've ever played or seen (52 RIs, Nocasters, etc.). The guitar absolutely smokes!

Unfortunately it seems that Nash no longer does custom stuff. A couple observations from this whole experience-
    1.) This is the first custom guitar I've ordered from a small builder. I can't see myself buying another Fender or Gibson anytime soon.
    2.) I'll think long and hard about the next vintage guitar I buy because this just has the feel (and I can see how these vintage replicas might fool someone)

Back to playing!

[​IMG]

2. Ogre

Ogre Member

Fab guitar!

3. big mike

big mike Fixed Bias Moderator Staff Member

4. Joe Perry

Joe Perry Gold Supporting Member

Great looking Tele! I have a Nash "S" with a 1" fatback neck also. It's perfect for me because I have large hands. My guitar plays and sounds great. Duncans are great p/u's. As are some of Fenders CS offerings. I have CS 54's in mine. I don't think you have to pay over $150 for great sounding p/u's.

I have a 2nd Nash S on order. Identical to the 1st except for Lace Holy Grails for some pc recording. I must say I'm disapointed with the wait on this one. I know he is basically a one man show but its' been five months and only a pic of the unfinished body has been posted. I'm sure the disapointment will go away after I receive it.

Good luck with yours,

Joe

5. moreeye

moreeye Member

That is a very classy looking guitar and nice to see another lefty in the forum.

6. erksin

erksin Member

Ditto - we should have our own sub-folder for lefties!

7. Orren

Orren Member

Another lefty here--its always cool to see nice guitars that are lefty! :)

Orren

8. daveS

daveS lefty dude on hiatus Gold Supporting Member

Between the San Andreas and Calaveras Faults
    Sweet lefty ! Lefties Rule :dude
    -d

9. LeftyLang

LeftyLang Member

:dude :dude :dude

Like I said before...Sweet !!:dude :dude

I am saving my loonies for a Nash!!

10. marks

marks Member

What a great guitar!

I'm another lefty. Good to see there are several of us around.

11. moreeye

moreeye Member

Here's what I got from Ebay. The body was made of an old old bar table from an Australian pub, you wouldnt beleive me if I told you how loud acoustically this guitar is. Cost me about 280 bucks including shipping from Australia to Turkey. There are few things I will need to change and then..
    [​IMG]