My New Pedal Board from Trailer Trash

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by GM1, Sep 28, 2005.

1. GM1

GM1 Member

I have to say this is the best investment I have made all year.

[​IMG]

2. GM1

GM1 Member

Another veiw

[​IMG]

James Olsen does one hell of a job putting these boards together.

3. trucks

trucks Member

That is very nice! I had no idea. I've only seen pictures of two boards stacked on top of one another which does not do them justice.

I assume you had it custom wired. How do the pedals mount to the board? What are the dimensions of yours?

4. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

5. dmbandtimmy

dmbandtimmy Member

Wow! Nice board! Awesome pedals too! Ive never seen a tone pump with a burn unit, very cool.

Laguna Beach eh. Those chicks on the MTV show are pretty hot :) Now only if they were a few years older :)

I have to ask if its as nice as it looks on tv. A buddy of mine is from Visella and tells me that its nice, but not near as nice as it looks.

6. GM1

GM1 Member

The pedals mount to the board using Dual-Lock (Industrial Velcro)
    James Olsen did the wiring. All the power cables and interconnects run underneath the board. There is also a PPII mounted under the board for both DC and AC requirements. James hard wired the Cornish TES unit directly to the PP II AC out. He ran the courtesy outlet to the top which hosts a 18 volt supply. The 18 volt runs the Barber Dual Unit.The whole board has a common ground at the final stage and is completely silent.
    It also has a detachable AC cord.

Size matters!
    The board is 16x28 I didn't want anything bigger because of the size of stages we play, they're small.

BTW
    James only had my pedals a week so I didn't miss any gigs while they were gone.

7. GM1

GM1 Member

Scott

I don't know if I'm more excited about the board or being able to finally post pics on the web!

thanks for the Photobucket tip

dmbandtimmy

Laguna Beach is everything on TV and then some. Way better looking chicks than the ones on TV....why do you think I invested in such a nice pedal board....I just know it' ll get the chicks!

8. agentcooper2001

agentcooper2001 Member

Here's my Trailer Trash board:

[​IMG]

I wish I would've let James wire mine up, rather than doing it myself. It is a real headache if you've never done it before. If I get another one, I would be more comfortable doing it, but it still takes quite a bit of time.

How about that industrial strength dual lock? That's the strongest stuff I've ever seen! Almost impossible to even move the pedal.

9. dinrodef

dinrodef Guest

SWEET BOARD!

Could you make sure to submit a review at Harmony-Central? James is a class act with a great product and we need to help get the word out...

10. dinrodef

dinrodef Guest

BTW here's my Zvex filled Heavy Metal Trash close to completion. I like to indulge in wacky efx once in awhile... but usually just plug straight into the amp with just a volume pedal and clean boost in the signal chain (rack tuner in the efx loop)...

[​IMG]

11. ryanspeer

ryanspeer Member

Yeah, I've been drooling over those trailertrash boards for a little while now. Being able to match them up to your amp in terms of the visual finishing touches is killer in my opinion. They're not cheap, but they look like they're about the best thing out there if you want something other than the "standard" NYC Pedalboards, DC Case Co. pedalboard, etc.

He does an incredible job at building those things - they almost look like a work of art to some degree...

12. Plexihead

Plexihead Member

All three of those Trailer Trash boards look awesome!

agentcooper - what's the size of your "trash" board.

13. BountyHuntr

BountyHuntr Supporting Member

I saw RYMAN's( not sure of his exact user iD ) Trailer Trash board at Isle of Capri in MO one night this past summer. If I remember it was part plexiglass with blue light emanating thoughout and had several Line 6 pedals. Coolest looking board I've seen, including these boards!! Very Nice!!

I'm heading to TT's sight right now!

Cam

14. agentcooper2001

agentcooper2001 Member

Hi, mine is the Triple Wide Clyde, which I think is a 36" x 16". I'd have to check, but I think that's it.

15. BountyHuntr

BountyHuntr Supporting Member

Hey ((dinrodef)), what cables are you using in your board?

16. pepperco

pepperco Member

You guys rock !
    High class stuff !

The zvex board is off the charts, 3000 dollars worth
    of the most insane noise makers ever made.
    Thats a "powerball" board......in my dreams.
    We salute you.....
    :dude :dude :dude :dude :dude :dude :dude

17. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

Wow! nice boards.

Thanks a lot, just when I was happy with my rig. Ah well, not for some time in the distant future, though

18. dinrodef

dinrodef Guest

They're monster studio 1000s. I haven't had good luck with George Ls (they're noisy for me) The monster jazz are pretty cool too (nice and bright) but the bass response is better in the studio 1000s.

19. Stephen Davis

Stephen Davis Supporting Member

James is a great guy. He is a regular at the guitar shop I work at in Nashville. He does great work and is wonderful to deal with. I just had to put a vote in for him.

Rabbit

20. marcusprice

marcusprice Member

man...i was so happy to see this...