My new pedalboard

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by DeeDub, Jan 10, 2008.

1. DeeDub

DeeDub Member

Well, here it is... my long awaited pedalboard.

Not wired up at the moment, and I haven't made the risers for the pedals in the back rows, but this is more or less what it will look like.

Signal chain will go something like this:

Guitar > wah > comp > od's/distortions > chorus > vibe > Amp In > F/X out > volume pedal w/tuner out > delay > F/X return

Might play around a bit with the modulation F/X placement... maybe put the chorus in the loop with the delay.

This is a homebuilt board, if you couldn't tell by the pics. The board wasn't cut square to start, and it's still not "quite" there, but close enough. I had to cut the u-channel with a hacksaw and a cheapo plastic mitre box... hence the brass corner pieces to cover up the hack job! I have some spare room to play around with.. might come in useful if I get some larger pedals! I know there's nothing too booteek on there.. but gimme time!

I want to replace the comp and chorus before too long. I'm going to try the Jacques Meistersinger with a true bypass looper (I've heard the bypass on the pedal itself sucks, and not in the good way)... and I'd like to hear some opinions on good compressors!

Hopefully, this thing will work... either that, or I'm just gonna trash it and buy one! It's been a learning experience, if nothing else.:D

Thanks to Psionic Audio for the patchbox!

[​IMG]

2. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

very nice work. very clean and well thought out.

3. todaystomorrow

todaystomorrow Member

looks great. i wish i had the patience to make a board with the metal channel. i'd like to hear more about the patchbox. is that just to simplify your effects loop?

4. DeeDub

DeeDub Member

Thanks! And yes, it took a bit of patience to finally put it together... making mistakes makes me an impatient fellow!

The patchbox is for quicker setups, basically. It's a 4 way pass through, that runs something like this (looking at it how it's place on the board):

Pedals in <--> Guitar
    Pedals out <--> Amp In
    Pedals in <--> FX Loop send
    Pedals out <--> FX loop return

5. todaystomorrow

todaystomorrow Member

6. VCuomo

VCuomo Member

I'd put the chorus in the loop. Just my $.02...

7. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

why does your beautiful Budda Wah have the sticker on top yet?

Don't you play?it?with it?

8. Grap

Grap Member

It always make sme chuckle wen I see how many people leave the sticker on the rocker of their wah pedals. Like guys that drive around in a new car with the plastic still over the seats :)

9. DeeDub

DeeDub Member

The sticker is still there because it's pretty much brand new and has not yet been played.

That will change.

Soon.

:dude