My new personal Robin Avalon

BCR Greg

This one's MINE, not for sale. I am ordering more like this for the store.

New inlay design, quilt top, chambered mahogany and FAT neck.

Bad ass, 7lbs. Incredibly expressive. They outdid themselves for me,bless their pointed little heads.

danhops

I have been wondering about those. Never had a chance to play a Robin, but I have heard only good things about them.

JoeB63

Supporting Member
That's really nice looking. How does it sound? Like a great Les Paul??

And how'd they get their heads so pointy?

Jonathan

Gold Supporting Member
Looks spectacular - and like the unique touches Robin puts to it.

Used to own a Robin myself (Savoy) - still the most beautiful and ergonomically perfect guitar ever to pass through my hands.

Joe

Those round pick-up rings look like something out of a Ed Roman World Class Guitar ad.

sosomething

Originally posted by Joe
Those round pick-up rings look like something out of a Ed Roman World Class Guitar ad.
I hate to say it, but I immediately thought the same thing.

The guitar is very nice looking, though. I guess I just don't dig the rounded pickup rings. Oh well, no accounting for my own tastes, I guess. :)

BCR Greg

Robin does a universal route for P-90s and humbuckers.

In person, the rings look great, but you are welcome to your opinion. I was unsure at first, but the design makes sense, and it's cool to see that they are not doing a cookie cutter guitar.

New ideas drive the industry.

Mike_C

The universal pickup routes don't do anything for me. They look ok on the p-90s but are fugly on the humbuckers.

Mike_C

Actually I have nothing against Robin guitars. It just that the whole universal pickup route seems lazy to me. Like the thinking behind the swimming pool route on the Fenders.
I'm not crazy about the one size fits all route mentality when it comes to a expensive custom guitar.

Trending Topics