My New Trailer Trash Pro Series

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by BuddyGuit, Mar 27, 2007.

1. BuddyGuit

BuddyGuit Silver Supporting Member

I received my Trailer Trash Pro Series pedal board yesterday!

Man I like it! It’s very lightweight and rock solid. Thanks to MRJOELV for putting the male and female receptacles for me. I’m powering the whole thing with one single One Spot. Dead quiet.

The bag that comes with the board is very nice and seems very sturdy. It has a pocket the size of the top (inside). No snap for it though … no big deal to me. I believe the bag is by Levys. I was going to just buy a bag for my homemade board but the Pro Series w/ bag was $234.00 including shipping from MusicToyz. Shipped on 3/15 and arrived 3/26. It was held up in Ohio .... maybe due to weather.

I'm VERY satisfied. Here are some pics I’m including pics of the receptacles because the board has the holes (w/ nice plastic rings in them) cut to the correct size …… screw in the receptacles wire them up and you’re done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. andrewnielson

andrewnielson Member

good looking setup bro! how does the trailer trash compare to the pedaltrain pro for durability/quality for road usage?

3. tantramar

tantramar Member

Hey BG great rig. I had a thread earlier about the dimensions of the Proseries. Which size of board is yours? it looks about the size I would want. Did you ask Musictoyz to add the male, female receptacles or does they have to come from Trailer Trash? I plan on getting one from musictoyz as well when I'm in Portland in May so just asking before I contact Teddy.

4. BuddyGuit

The "velcroed" usable area of the board is 15 1/4"x 26 1/2". I say "velcro" because the material on the board doesn't look like the usual hook and loop material I've seen before. It looks like a kind of jersy type stuff. I'm not saying it's not a velcro product just that I'm not familiar with it. It works just fine though. Some of my pedals have some velcro I got from Office Depot and some from the velcro that comes with the board. At least one has Dual Lock (I'f I remember correctly) and they are all holding fine. The top doesn't feel as heavy as plywood. It's certianly sturdy though. I purchased the recepticals at an electronics store and a friend put them in for me. The holes are the correct size. I contacted Rooster @ Trailer Trash before I ordered the board an he responded that the construction is the same as the Boutique Series just no frills. Powder coat not tolex no recepticals etc.

When the UPS guy was walking up to the porch he said for the size of the box it sure was light weight. The shipping box was trashed and torn almost all the way open. It looked like it had been a rough trip. The board was in its bag and wrapped in plastic .... not bubble wrap just plastic and was just fine. IMHO it's solid as a rock! If I was flying it (I use a very small board for fly dates) I would have an ATA case but for local or drive dates the well padded bag is just what I want.

I hope that answers your questions and sorry if blithered on too much.:)

5. JohnnyM

JohnnyM Member

cool board. would you mind telling which electronics store you
    got the recepticals at?

6. BuddyGuit

I got the recepicals at Pacific Radio in Burbank Ca. It's just across the street (south) of Fry's by the Burbank airport. There is a Trailer Trash thread ..... i'm pretty sure it's a Trailer Trash thread that gives a mail order place to order them.

7. freeform

freeform Member

8. gregory49

gregory49 Member

hey i just got a question or two!

first, are you powering the dd20 and mm4 with the 1 spot!?

second, the board looks great what do you have in the loops??

again it really looks great ! i bet it even sounds better :)

9. p.snail

p.snail Member

I have a Godlyke power all which is pretty much the exact same thing as the One Spot. They offer adapters for the L6 pedals to use with the 1 spot. You can power up to about 15 pedals with one and not have any issues. As long as they are all 9v you're cool.

10. BuddyGuit

Thanks gregory49. p.snail is correct. One Spot also has different adapters for pedals other than the roland type.
    As to your other question: I use silver switch (I have a different adapter from One Spot for that by the way) to the left of the MM-4 instead of an expression pedal the change parameters on the MM-4. I don't care about the continuous controller feature with the MM-4 so a simple switch works there. Sometimes I'll work for someone who wants me to use a Pod not an amp. I can insert that or anything else w/the black Loooper. It is post distortions, compressor and volume pedal and pre modulation and delay effects.

Buddy