My new Victoria Ivy League Amp - 2X10" Narrow (Detailed Photos)

Jorge Vergara

Hi:

I bought this Victoria Ivy League amp with a 2 X 10” configuration.

Before i saw the 2 X 10” with “V Front” design, but this is the Narrow version. A clone of Tweed Harvard amp made by Fender in the ‘50s.

In a store i can try the single 10” version of the Ivy League and this 2 X 10” sound more fat, have more bass and punch. This amp have more clean headroom than many other low powered tweed amps you can find.

Sound Incedible with my ’55 Gretsch 6120 Chet Atkins Vintage Selected Edition and my CS Relic ’52 Fender Telecaster.

The only thing i can understand is this amp came with ceramic Eminence Legend speakers. I think in a alnico speaker upgrade.

What would be your recommendations?. Jensen P Series, Weber, any particular model?.

Kind Regards,

Jorge

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

es137p

Silver Supporting Member
I have the 1x12 version and love this amp. My friend has the 2x10 version, he changed to Weber 10A125 speakers, big improvement. Also, I like the Eminence 1028K speakers. Weber are a little heavier, weight wise, might sound a little thicker as well. But I really like the 1028K's. I heard them in a 1x10 version of the ivy league. Even then they sounded good. Enjoy the amp, the pictures didn't come out on the page, I couldn't see them, great amp, enjoy.

H. Mac

Congratulations on a great amp!

It might be wise to give the stock speakers a chance before replacing them.

Have fun!

Jorge Vergara

I have the 1x12 version and love this amp. My friend has the 2x10 version, he changed to Weber 10A125 speakers, big improvement. Also, I like the Eminence 1028K speakers. Weber are a little heavier, weight wise, might sound a little thicker as well. But I really like the 1028K's. I heard them in a 1x10 version of the ivy league. Even then they sounded good. Enjoy the amp, the pictures didn't come out on the page, I couldn't see them, great amp, enjoy.

Many thanks for the recommendation!. I take more detailed photos of the chassis and wiring.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

es137p

Silver Supporting Member
now I see, its a beauty, must sound great with that guitar, the stock speakers will probably be the thickest sounding speakers. The Webers and 1028K have more top end, which ever you prefer.

Jorge Vergara

now I see, its a beauty, must sound great with that guitar, the stock speakers will probably be the thickest sounding speakers. The Webers and 1028K have more top end, which ever you prefer.

Sound Really nice and sweet.;)

Nice amp! I've got the 1x10 and it's a great amp.

Congratulations! ... nice amp too the 1X10" version. Regards.

Thanks to all for the commentaries.

Jorge Vergara

And what do you think about the Jensen P10Q?.

Thanks in advance. :)

Shark Sandwich

oh man that's a great amp. That's the first narrow panel 2x10 Ivy League I've seen, I bet it sounds great with those guitars! I would stick with the stock speakers at least for now. I will say this: I had a Victoria 35210 (Super) which had the Jensen P10Q speakers and I wasn't crazy about those speakers--they were bright and brittle. Sold the amp but I wish I would have kept it and just put in some different speakers. Congrats!

es137p

Silver Supporting Member
I usually like the reconed old Jensen USA P or C10Q speakers. I actually am getting some reconed Jensen C10Q's for my 35210 from Gordon Speakerman, he has a few.

jmonk99

Silver Supporting Member
I have not seen that version. It looks fantastic and I bet it sounds great. I have a Lil Dawg D Lux 2x10 that sounds glorious.

sideman

Beautiful. Re speakers, I'd talk to the guys at Victoria - they will know what sounds good in their amp.

Sparky6string

Silver Supporting Member
Sweet amp! First I've seen in that style as well. I played one of these the other day in Santa Cruz at Sylvans and it was so sweet even at low volume.

Not to derail but I like the Harvard circuit I think because I also really desire the Trinity Tramp which is a similar sounding amp to my ears, and Harvard inspired.

BlueRiff

The Emi Legends are full on the low end, but not thick in terms of mids like a Greenback. They also have very nice highs but not shrill. At least that has been my experience - they sounds really nice in a vintage American style amp.

sideman

The Victoria guys have spoken their opinion already - the Emi Legends are what come standard in this amp. They're actually terrific speakers.

Right. My thought was, if you don't care for the Legends, and/or want to try something else, discuss it with them. They may have good ideas. Mark Baier (Victoria) was very helpful when I was optimizing a Vic 45410 several years ago.

Jorge Vergara

I made my desicion, upgrade the factory Eminence speaker for Weber 10A125. But i have a doubt.

20 or 30W? ... Light or moderate Dope?.

Any suggestion?.

Regards :)

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom