• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

My next Reverend . . .

Medgeking

I've got a Double Agent III which is hands-down my favorite guitar. It is the most comfortable, most versatile and useful electric guitar I've ever owned. Light weight with effortless playability, incredible tones and no superfluous features. Just an amazing guitar.

I also picked up a Club King RT which I've been testing out for compatibility ;)

I'm not sure I'll keep that one, though it is growing on me. It's a very comfy weight and has a great neck, but overall, it's not as ergonomic as the DAIII and I'm not as immediately impressed with the Revtrons as I have been with the humbucker/p90 set-up on the DAIII. The guitar is really lively and resonant though and I'm going to give it some time.

I'm already thinking about my next Reverend, and I'm considering the following:

Sensei HB LE w/ Bigsby
Double Agent OG
Jetstream 390 or HB
Spacehawk
Charger HB or 290

It's so hard to choose. What do you guys think?

rsm

What do I think? Really?!

I think yes. More > less when it comes to guitars you dig. IMO

:D

mad dog

Silver Supporting Member
I can recommend the Club King with P-90s. If you find a good one, it's really good. Great design. Same goes for the first edition JS 390 - the heavily chambered mahogany body with spruce top. Another very fine guitar. In part due to the perfect trem feel. I've been looking for years for an early, chambered version of the JS 290 w/trem, no luck so far. Not even sure if they made that version.
MD

corbs

Silver Supporting Member
Go for a 290 or 390 model since you already have the DA.

Seth L

I've got a Double Agent III which is hands-down my favorite guitar. It is the most comfortable, most versatile and useful electric guitar I've ever owned. Light weight with effortless playability, incredible tones and no superfluous features. Just an amazing guitar.

I also picked up a Club King RT which I've been testing out for compatibility ;)

I'm not sure I'll keep that one, though it is growing on me. It's a very comfy weight and has a great neck, but overall, it's not as ergonomic as the DAIII and I'm not as immediately impressed with the Revtrons as I have been with the humbucker/p90 set-up on the DAIII. The guitar is really lively and resonant though and I'm going to give it some time.

I'm already thinking about my next Reverend, and I'm considering the following:

Sensei HB LE w/ Bigsby
Double Agent OG
Jetstream 390 or HB
Spacehawk
Charger HB or 290

It's so hard to choose. What do you guys think?
A friend of mine has a Flatroc, and I never liked the sound of the Revtrons, but he left it with me and asked me to set it up for him. I dropped the pickups considerably and they just came to life. I mean they are just beautiful. Now I'm gassing for a guitar with those pickups in a serious fashion.

fitz

If I were to choose from your list, it would be the Charger HB. It seems you are looking more at HB's and P90's from what you have laid out.
On my list, it would be a Flatroc, Six Gun or Sensei JR. Reverends are super cool designs and the quality is quite good. Ten years ago I had a Slingshot with P90's in Sky Blue and played it through my Hellhound. Both are gone (huge mistake) & I would love to get another Reverend.

aussie_owner

Gold Supporting Member
I like my Charger 290. I have an older one with the non-Tele style pickguard. Don't like the new ones as much.

c_mac

Gold Supporting Member
If you already have a bolt neck model, I'd grab something from the set neck camp. I don't care for the look of the Spacehawk so I'd grab one of the those Sensei LEs if it were me. I LOVE my Revs!

Not to hijack your thread but I just modded this Rev of mine with new pickups and matching hardware.

jaycee

I'd love to try some newer reverends. I have a Volcano that i mistakenly modded, and ruined. Well, it certainly isn't ruined, but it doesn't sound nearly as good as it used to. I have all the parts and will probably rewire everything to stock and sell it. Maybe then i'll get hands-on with a new rev. Great guitars.

lostpoet2

Silver Supporting Member
I really like the necks on Reverend's bolt on models, so I would look at a Jetstream.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom