MY number came up

SmartAlex

Silver Supporting Member
My KOT number that is.

I think I was on the list for about 4 years and I'm configuring it but I'm wondering what others have done. Reg on Yellow side, High Gain on Red vs High Gain on both? What about the extra jack, and extra toggle switch?

I skew towards high gain myself but I also like flexibility: one day I'm playing a Jeff Beck Strat and the next an EBMM JP15.

For reference, I play through a Peavey Classic 30 and Marshall DSL40CR.

Thnx :)

Last edited:

dizzle5150

Out of curiosity, what date did you get on the waitlist? The "King of Tone Delays" site hasn't been updated since April 9th when they were up to August 15, 2017. Just wondering if you were on the list before or after that date to get a better idea of how much progress AM and company have made since April.

Gallery

Silver Supporting Member
Read the whole KOT page on the Analogman site. It's all there. You just have to make your own decision.

I just ordered my second KOT. My first was ordered with the only option, high gain red side. My second was ordered with high gain red side and mode toggle switch.

It took me a long time to decide how I liked to set up my KOT and the toggle allows you test drive each mode easily. Once you decide which mode you prefer it's set and forget, but by then I was sick of opening the back of the pedal to change the dip switches.

I use my KOT in two ways.

Red OD and Yellow clean boost

or

Red high gain OD and Yellow low gain edge of breakup

Either way I keep the Red set to OD and Yellow set to Boost, so I don't really need the toggle anymore, but it's nice to have.

In 5 or so years from now when my name comes up again I might spring for an all options version. That could be fun to have the option to route both sides differently and the buffer could be useful.

SmartAlex

Silver Supporting Member
Out of curiosity, what date did you get on the waitlist? The "King of Tone Delays" site hasn't been updated since April 9th when they were up to August 15, 2017. Just wondering if you were on the list before or after that date to get a better idea of how much progress AM and company have made since April.
I can't find the confirmation email but it was early 2017.

SmartAlex

Silver Supporting Member
Read the whole KOT page on the Analogman site. It's all there. You just have to make your own decision.

I just ordered my second KOT. My first was ordered with the only option, high gain red side. My second was ordered with high gain red side and mode toggle switch.

It took me a long time to decide how I liked to set up my KOT and the toggle allows you test drive each mode easily. Once you decide which mode you prefer it's set and forget, but by then I was sick of opening the back of the pedal to change the dip switches.

I use my KOT in two ways.

Red OD and Yellow clean boost

or

Red high gain OD and Yellow low gain edge of breakup

Either way I keep the Red set to OD and Yellow set to Boost, so I don't really need the toggle anymore, but it's nice to have.

In 5 or so years from now when my name comes up again I might spring for an all options version. That could be fun to have the option to route both sides differently and the buffer could be useful.
Thank you so much!

What does the toggle do specifically?

BMX

Silver Supporting Member
I would do higher gain both sides. IMO that should be the default. Nobody uses the first quarter of the gain knob (practically speaking, I’m sure someone does out there) so you might as well get higher gain to give yourself more range higher up on the knob) you can still do low gain. And it’s a low gain pedal overall. Also since you can make each side a boost/overdrive/distortion I wouldn't want different gain ranges, especially when both sides were set the same that would bug me.

I wouldn’t get extra jacks just because I like the ease of plugging it in at a gig and not fumbling with how to plug it in, but if you’re using the two sides and want to insert something between them I could see how that would be useful.

I could see how the external toggle would be useful but I’m more of a spend some time tinkering with it the first day and then leave it kind of person so I’d skip the external toggle. It’s just one less thing that could get bumped and set wrong by mistake.

After that get whatever cool custom color they are offering at the time.

pickleweed

you only had four years to figure this out lol

i like the standard gain. but thats something you gotta figure for yourself. as for everything else, my opinion is that it took 4 years to get here....dont leave anything on the table that you might want.