My number one turns 10 (Monterey Strat)

Simto

Hard to believe I've had Monty for ten years now. I have so many hours and memories put in this guitar so I thought I'd share a photo of it with you guys

It sounds amazing, plays effortlessly and is still the most beautiful guitar I've ever seen!
It just feels like home whenever I pick it up. Kinda fun how I don't see it as a Hendrix or Mayer guitar, but I as my guitar

I don't think it's possible to love an inanimate object more!

It's a MIJ 60's strat with Texas Specials underneath. One of my sisters painted it in nitro. It's gotten pretty yellow where I keep my arm hehe

15726745_10154811254507673_2055588976629057811_n.jpg

(I should make a demo video of it when I think about it)

Simto

Great guitar its a keeper :) ur sister did a great job painting

Thanks man. Yeah it's definitely a keeper! Funny how I have guitars that are WAY more expensive than this one and some which technically are better, but still... This is the one I'd get if the house was on fire. It's priceless to me

I still find myself just starring at it

Drewboy

Your sister did great. Good to have family like that huh?
And it is your guitar, if it's the one, it's for you. The more you play it the better it'll pay you back. Great post. Happy New Year.

Simto

Your sister did great. Good to have family like that huh?
And it is your guitar, if it's the one, it's for you. The more you play it the better it'll pay you back. Great post. Happy New Year.

Yeah, she absolutely nailed it! So much so it tricked a guy who has one of the real Fender replicas to thinking it was the real deal until he saw it didn't have the number painted on the back of the body :)
I wanted to have her paint a Clapton Fool SG too or the Hendrix Flying V at one point too, but I kinda had to prioritize my money for other stuff and the idea sorta just faded hehe.

I'm thinking about getting this as a pseudo backup for it when I'm going to Tokyo next Spring
http://store.ishibashi.co.jp/ec/pro/disp/1/80-313446200

Drewboy

Yeah, she absolutely nailed it! So much so it tricked a guy who has one of the real Fender replicas to thinking it was the real deal until he saw it didn't have the number painted on the back of the body :)
I wanted to have her paint a Clapton Fool SG too or the Hendrix Flying V at one point too, but I kinda had to prioritize my money for other stuff and the idea sorta just faded hehe.

I'm thinking about getting this as a pseudo backup for it when I'm going to Tokyo next Spring
http://store.ishibashi.co.jp/ec/pro/disp/1/80-313446200

Mint green pickguard and your all set !

Simto

Mint green pickguard and your all set !
(It does have a mint green pickguard :) I just saw it had the right shade of Fiesta red which caught my eye and then I started drooling over the specs! hehe. I should really get a Tele or a solid body guitar with humbuckers, but that strat makes me crazy haha)

Love it! Cool name too ;)
Damn straight man :)

Drewboy

(It does have a mint green pickguard :) I just saw it had the right shade of Fiesta red which caught my eye and then I started drooling over the specs! hehe. I should really get a Tele or a solid body guitar with humbuckers, but that strat makes me crazy haha)

Damn straight man :)

My fav strat color and pickguard I don't own. One day, one day. Lol

Trending Topics

Top Bottom