My pedal build w/ pics

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TubeeTuberton, Feb 21, 2009.

1. TubeeTuberton

TubeeTuberton Member

EDIT: The post went through before I knew the title was incorrect but, it should be "My pedalBOARD build w/pics"

Just starting on it really but, with things as they are, I have decided to cut back and sold have some of my effects including my Pedaltrain PT2. I do need a board though so I went to Lowes to begin my journey. So, last night while the fiance was sick with the flu, and I had no plans, I decided to start the frame. I am going to finish leveling and sanding the edges today. Ordered some stuff from partsexpress.com so, should get it all done within a week or so. This is the frame and box setup. Sorry for the pics, they were taken with my phone. More to come and enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

you gots to find some yellow and blue tolex for that bad boy :D

3. zaraflux

zaraflux Member

Are you going to buils an enclosure/road case for it also?looks like a cool project

4. TubeeTuberton

TubeeTuberton Member

Ha ha! I am thinking just bronco black will do but, thanks for the advice...

5. TubeeTuberton

TubeeTuberton Member

Maybe. I mainly play at church so, I was thinking of just adding a nice handle that matches my Hot Rod DeVille to carry it with and go without a case for now.

6. tbone666

tbone666 Supporting Member

7. TubeeTuberton

TubeeTuberton Member

Just updating a little with some pics. I am sorry but, by the time I work on the board and take pics, I have skipped some steps. Either way, I just finished putting the tolex on and covering the deck with some carpet. However, I am thinking of changing the carpet with some Fender grill cloth to match my DeVille. I thought it would look pretty sweet with a Fender Logo plate off of a Hot Rod DeVille on the front of the board with the grill cloth on top. Anyhow, here are the pics. First time for me doing tolex so, I have some learning to do for sure. Regardless, I think it turned out pretty good. Wiring tomorrow. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. tbone666

tbone666 Supporting Member

so what's your waiting list look like?

:)

9. Last_Train

Last_Train Member

Likeing that 2 tone look , just did a large DIY board flat with handles & hand polished angled aluminium border , like the angle design with centre internal support better, should post mine on here , anyways I say very professional & a nice addition for your music room.

cheers & nice job

10. TubeeTuberton

TubeeTuberton Member

Ha ha! I appreciate the kind words. If I could quit my job and do nothing but build boards, you'd be first on the list! Until that time however, I remain another rat in the race. I am excited about learning more but also about the fun part tomorrow, wiring it all up! Again, thanks for the comment and as before, to be continued...

11. edwardsforest

edwardsforest Member

you should DEFINITLEY glue/post up a power strip or power station of some sort underneath - looks like there is a lot of room

12. TubeeTuberton

TubeeTuberton Member

Thank you. It will look much better with those bee-a-utiful pedals on it!

Exactly my plan. My DC Brick that powers the pedals will be under there. Maybe even add an actual AC input and power strip. Should be nice and roomy for such plans.

13. Junior Stephens

Junior Stephens Member

:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmaoThis is why I love the gear page

14. TubeeTuberton

TubeeTuberton Member

Alright. Got off work early today and decided to not be too lazy. I am in the process of moving so it has slowed the speed of this build a lot. Anyhow, I went ahead and put the jacks in place along with some handles and corners. After that was completed I mounted the pedals that I know will be on the board. Everything except for the tuner has been/will be mounted with longer machine screws thru the deck and into the pedals. The tuner has velcro due to me playing my acoustic on the weekends and needing a floor tuner there as well. Also, in case you are wondering, those are spaces reserved for a Cmatmods Deluxe Signa Comp and hopefully a Keeley TR-2 that I know one of the fine members here on TGP is just dying to give me. So that is it for now. Wiring might get done this week maybe even tomorrow. If not this week, who knows. Certainly more to come though. Have a great weekend and enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. VA_siCkBoy

VA_siCkBoy Member

I just put that same altoids can on my board.

16. TubeeTuberton

TubeeTuberton Member

I know. It is the perfect size for picks.

17. TubeeTuberton

TubeeTuberton Member

18. alguit

alguit Member

Very nice work! I love the color scheme and attention to detail-I have to echo what someone else basically said-if you built these, we would come! :drool

19. TubeeTuberton

TubeeTuberton Member

Well, if I feel motivated enough I may make a few. Took me about one week to finish but, now that I am more familiar, should be faster. I have know idea what it would cost someone to own one. Anyhow, I will wire it up tonight. I have been moving to a new house all day so I'll have to find my soldering iron but, I'll get it going. Thanks again.

20. TubeeTuberton

TubeeTuberton Member

Might be selling this board after all. Thinking of just getting a PT mini or Jr. I'll post pics of the board wired up tomorrow.