My pedal setup is really taking shape! (Pic included)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Chrissy, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Chrissy

Chrissy Member

After a couple of years of serious pedal consumption I am really starting to come to a stable setup which is sounding killer! To quote the Stereophonics "You gotta go there to come back"

Klon > Tone Czar Halo Phaze > Landgraff Dynamic OD > Strobostomp > Tone Czar Powerglide > Tone Czar EchoCzar/AngelBaby

[​IMG]

I've held off of re-wiring my board for neatness lately until some stability was in sight in my choice of effects. Now I feel a Pedaltrain coming on!

Chris

2. seanc

seanc Member

i see you like the fine things life has to offer with those pedals. a man after my own heart. really nice buddy. really nice

Sean

3. onemind

onemind Member

Those Tone Czars are very hip looking pedals...what are some of the pedals they've 'knocked off' the board?

4. CaseyI

CaseyI Member

+1 on the pedaltrain idea. I just got mine and I love it. It's clean and saves me a trip to the car since I can put cables and such in the bag.

5. rabbit

rabbit Member

No BJFs anymore? No loopers? What about the OKKO you did the demo clips for? Seems like you like it more simple nowadays when it comes to pedalboards. That´s cool, that´s how I like it, too.

Anyways, it´s a very nice board indeed! I believe without a doubt that it sounds killer. Good luck and a lot of fun with it...

6. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

I bet you get some KILLER tones with that setup!
    Tidy that thing up a bit, bring the Landy down by the Strobo, drop the Halo by the Angelbaby.
    I'm jealous!

7. dotlikeimpact

dotlikeimpact Supporting Member

8. Gearhunter

Gearhunter Member

"My pedal setup is really taking shape!"

Understatement of the year!
    Holy crap that's an impressive group of pedals.
    A giant :AOK to you sir.

9. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

sweet board man...mine should look something like that about a year from now. Im glad to see another halophaze owner.

10. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

11. lcjc800

lcjc800 Member

:hiP DUDE!!!!!:cool: :BOUNCE

12. theanalogfuture

theanalogfuture Member

sex

that pedalboard is pure sex

13. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

You forgot to mention the Juicebox and the Evidence Audio patch cables. I've got a similar setup. Very good stuff!!

14. Chrissy

Chrissy Member

:) Your comments made me smile, guys.

JKoeth - you're right, the Juice Boox needs a mention 'cos there aren't too many other boxes (PP2+) that will let you run 3 18v boxes with this much current draw. I left the Evidence out in order to side-step any "cable doeesn't matter debates", after all, with a Landgraff on my board, what do I know?:) But as many will know from my posts here, the Lyric an important part of that board.

TravisE - I'm honing in on "my" amps of late too but that's been harder than with pedals. Right now, I have 3 rigs: Komet 60 + Germino 2x12 open(Scumback H75HPs), Fargen Dual Classic (BF + JTM) head with open back cab with a 12"Governor + 10"Copperhead (as soon as the CH arives!), Orange Retro 50 head + Orange 4x12 cab (stock V30s). The Klon and the Landgraff get on very well with all 3 setups. I'll see if I can do some clips next time I visit Seegs...

rabbit - after my long effects journey, I am still left with the following ODs that are staying put. The OD spot is the one that is most likely to be velcro'ed in and out depending on the job/my current taste. TIM, Okko Diablo, BJF DRD, Menatone 4knob Foxy Brown, ProAnalog Power Driver, /13 Joyride, Lockhardt Tone Wizard. For speciality tones I am keeping a Sun Face, Swart Atomic Boost, McFuzz, DAM Red Rooster. Now that I have gotten to know them and my rigs inside out it's easy to know there applications. The DRD can't be beat in a rock situation with my Les Paul and the Orange if I can hardly turn up the Orange. The Diablo is the one OD I have in my bag for situations where I don't know what amp I am gonna be playing through as I can get stellar tones at many gain levels and with many amps. I run my amps hot enough to not need it at the moment. The Foxy gives me EL84 glass crunch even though my amp are EL34 or 6L6, the Power Driver is the one to crunch up the Komet if it can't be turned up enough... you get the idea! As for the Looper setup - I'm seriously tempted to do a The Gig rig board again with just what you see in the pic as the switching ease is such a benefit. that would be even more simple to use.

casey - glad the Pedaltrain is worrking out well... which size did you get? hard or soft case?

onemind - regarding the tone czars. yup, they are GREAT pieces of equipment and I have the highest of praise for Ed and his work. The stuff I compared them too: Prefer the Echo Czar to Maxon AD900, AD80, Line 6 DL4, BYOC delay, TTE. The Powerglide is my choice rather than Schaller trem, Voodoo Labs, Line 6 DM4 and the HaloPhaze is more my bag than the Lovetone Doppelgänger, Phase 90, Phase 100.

All in all, the tones have one big thing in common - they all ADD something to a rig that already sounds killer without subtracting like many effects do. Here's the run-down on them:
    Klon: for low-gain crunch or just clean boost it is the feel and punch and low string definition that can't be beat for me.
    HaloPhaze - you can hit this one with OD in front and it stays in shape, you can put it pre OD and it's swampy and thicck and I can get both chewy phaze and shimmmering vibrato with one stomp.
    Landgraff - set to the middle toggle position it retains all the touch sensitivity of those great amps and adds a vocal thicknesss that I really like on leads.
    Powerglide - kick this in and everything I ever wanted a trem to do happens - shimmer, movement, swamp, 3D, rhythmic repeats...
    EchoCzar - the only stompbox delay I've played that can retain the punch of my original signal and add either subtlety, rhythmic stuff, ambience, madness on both OD and clean tones.

Now, just imagine the following yesterday: My Lollar Classic with the Powertrons is running into a slightly crunchy Komet. The HaloPhaze is set for a low, chewy phaze, the Powerglide is doing a mild quarter note thing in the brown mode, the echoczar is in there for a mild medium delay with 3-4 repeats, then step on the Landy for a soupy thick single note tone, yet just ease up on the attack and you can still get clean-ish. What fun!!!

15. gaspedals.net

gaspedals.net Member

OK, so wheres the clip Chrissy? -Jay

16. Chrissy

Chrissy Member

Hi Jay!
    Request duly noted :)
    Chris

17. Stressfest

Stressfest Member

18. Brett Valentine

Brett Valentine Member

Wow! Uh. . .Wow! That is some serious realestate!

Ever think about getting the VFM and running a couple of od's through that? Maybe even a second small board with a couple of different od's/distortions/fuzzes?

urrp! . . .sorry, my GAS is acting up. . .

Brett

19. stekks

stekks Member

Tsssss... Amateur...

:D

20. Chrissy

Chrissy Member

Brett,

I bet the VFM opens up a WORLD of possibilities... :AOK I'd love to try one.