1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

My purty LP....

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by jayhawk, Jun 26, 2006.

1. jayhawk

jayhawk Member

I was taking some pics and I think they turned out pretty well so I decided to post a few. It's a 2003 LP Standard.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. scottywompas

scottywompas Member

I love the red. I have a wine red myself. i just seem to dig red on Les Pauls.

SCott

3. Phil M

Phil M Member

Did I ever tell you that I love red Les Pauls?

Tell us more about the color. Is that a wine red or just 'red'. I've seen and owned a wine red but it was VERY dark in color and was a plain top. it's hard to tell with this one because of the bright light. I would like to take this guitar off your hands...

4. paintguy

paintguy Long Hair Hippy Freak Silver Supporting Member

Nice pictures. Must be a good camera. Nice detail too.:BEER

5. jayhawk

jayhawk Member

Yeah, it's wine red so it's dark but it's not super dark. It does really pop out in the sun. Gibson has done a few versions of the George Harrison red LP with flame underneath a lighter red. Those are beautiful.

Here's a pic I took inside with a flash.

[​IMG]

6. jayhawk

jayhawk Member

Thanks. It's a Canon A95 (I think that's the model). Canon makes great cameras. I paid $400 for it about two years ago. I'm sure it's obsolete in the camera world by now.

7. Phil M

Phil M Member

My Wine Red was an '82. It weighed a ton and was so dark it almost looked plum purple. It had a plaintop too instead of flame. It seems that the plaintops are few and far between in new production. I prefer those, but yours is still gorgeous.

8. mainsale

mainsale Member

Here's my Wine Red Les Paul Florentine!
    [​IMG]

9. Rock Johnson

Rock Johnson Member

I have HUGE GAS for a LP Florentine. I don't want to hijack the thread, so can you pm me and tell me what you think about yours? How it sounds, how it plays, etc.

10. telest

telest Member

Very nice! :dude

Steve