my rock bands' first video

jb70

Silver Supporting Member
here's a little video that we shot in october of 2006 and it was just completed. the band is called aerovox and we are on a permanent hiatus (the singer and his wife had a baby). the video is called "mantra 333" and is inspired by bands like the beatles, stone roses, radiohead, oasis, etc... (mostly british inspired indie rock). it won't be for everyone on here- no screaming guitar solos, etc... but i thought the video came out ok. here it is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=He6xMw-ABt8

thanks for checking it out!

jack

Lucidology

Wow Jack ...
What a trip to hear you play in a band like this ..
Very good band by the way ..

OH & also by the way Bro... I miss your fusion clips...
You always posted some of the most inspired & original stuff ever ...

anyone

Way cool! Thanks for posting this. It's really inspiring to see an amazing player post something that's musical and accessible. Not that the other stuff isn't inspiring too... it's just nice to have a reminder that killer music doesn't have to be out of reach... I guess... Hope that makes sense...

jb70

Silver Supporting Member
hey guys,
thanks a lot for the love. does mtv even play videos anymore? hahaha! these days, i'm more into vh1 classic. i guess i'm getting old.

jb

p.s. lucid- you are far too kind. i'm gonna start working on some new instrumental stuff very soon.

Donbo

I would be very, very proud of this piece of work if I were you!! Impressive. I used to travel on business to Ontario in the early and mid-nineties, and was continually impressed with the cool music scene in Canada at the time...FM radio was especially cool, with bands like The Tragically Hip, Blue Rodeo, The Northern Pikes, The Odds, and a few others that I can't recall, now, constantly playing, and expanding my musical horizons, when all we had was the tired classic rock format in many markets in the NE US. Aerovox--Mantra 333 reminds me of that refreshing vibe, and brought back some great memories of good times. Love the chimey guitar work and simplicity. Nice harmonies, too. Here's the sign of a good song: The melody keeps jangling through my head--and I only listened once! Thanks for posting it, and for taking me back there. Cheers! :BEER

jb70

Silver Supporting Member
thanks a lot donbo. isn't it cool how music can take you back to a certain place in time. my favorite music always does that. aerovox was really inspired by all of those bands that came out of manchester in the late 80's and early 90's (stone roses, ride, my bloody valentine, early oasis, etc...). i also dig radiohead, interpol, lake trout, beatles, etc... so all of those influences are in there. thanks again for checking the vid out fellas!

jack

DucRyder

Platinum Supporting Member
I was impressed with not only the music but the video production!

operanonverba

Silver Supporting Member
Love the song and the way the video was put together. I grew up listening to the Beatles and the influence is strong in your music. Thanks for posting this. I too can still hear the song sticking in my head! BTW- a sideline.. I sure miss The Tube music network. Like the old MTV. Wish someone would bring it back.

jb70

Silver Supporting Member
thanks again guys. yeah, justin (the director/editor) did an incredible job on the video. we shot it in a huge performing arts building in delaware. i had no idea that it would end up looking this good when everything was edited.

cml145

very cool influences...I can hear them but through inspiration and not tribute copycat antics. really dig it

refin

Way cool! Thanks for posting this. It's really inspiring to see an amazing player post something that's musical and accessible. Not that the other stuff isn't inspiring too... it's just nice to have a reminder that killer music doesn't have to be out of reach... I guess... Hope that makes sense...

Agreed! Great song and feel!

Trending Topics