my rock bands' first video

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by jb70, Jan 7, 2008.

1. jb70

jb70 Member

thanks again for taking time to check the video out guys! you are far too kind. we do have a 6 song e.p. out. you can get it here at cd baby:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/aerovox

or you can download it from itunes. just type in aerovox in the search column and it will show up.

2. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon

Man, I just listened to clips on that site, I'm hearing My Bloody Valentine on that first track. You are very talented songwriters.

3. soli528

soli528 Silver Supporting Member

The chimey guitars and catchy hook are an obvious draw, but less noticeable and every bit as interesting was the sinewy bass line. Dug it (still do).
    MS

4. scottl

scottl Member

Very nice Jack!! Great production, writing, hook, etc..... And you can jazz!! Sheesh...... ;)

5. jb70

jb70 Member

thanks again guys.

guitar josh- my bloody valentine was definitely an influence to a few guys in the band so i'm not surprised that you picked up on that. in fact, all of those manchester bands that were signed to creation records in the late 80's and early 90's are influences.

soli528- i really like the bass line too. it really drives the tune. funny thing is that the bass player used a cheap fender squire bass straight into the board and it actually came out sounding really good. funny how those things work out sometimes.

scott- thanks a lot my nj bro! it's kind of weird but i never really played in front of those guys. they all knew that i was a jazz musician but during rehearsals it was all about playing for the song and coming up with really good guitar parts (which is a craft in itself).