My Ronin Badmoon (New Clip, page 8)

yucatown

Gold Supporting Member
Congrats man, glad to see you got one for yourself! Can't wait to see the clip. Really interested to hear any sonic differences between the stop tail in yours and the tailpiece in the proto.

rawkguitarist

It takes a great designer/builder to take us out of the tried and true guitar designs without creating a misshapen oddity. Success in this case for sure! Congrats to all involved! THAT… is a great guitar. Great color, great woods – entire aesthetic is just brilliant.
I know you’ll enjoy it and make great music with it!

Dana Olsen

Gold Supporting Member
Wow Mark -

The Bad Pink Moon has Risen!

That is TOTALLY COOL! You are 'mos 'def a REAL MAN for manning up to a pink Ronin w/ Gold Foil S/H design. That's the coolest thing ever.

Congrats, great job Ronin, can't wait for clips. Pink guitars DO sound better, if you're man enough to play one!

You're STOKED!

Thanks, Dana O.

suckamc

Supporting Member
Haha, I'm just barely secure enough to play this thing.

I don't have it yet. I will soon, with clips/vids followed soon after. All questions will be answered. :) I'm TOLD that the difference w/the wraparound (in part) that there's more sustain.

2020jan08

Supporting Member
Wow, that's pretty unique!

Would it be bad form to ask how much it ran you?

Edit: Read through the thread and watched the demo. That's so fantastic, I almost want to cry. Just amazingly made.
I found it on the Ronin page: "Prices range from $6,500 – $7,000." Basically out of my range hehe But I'm sure when you consider the amount of work hours and the quality of their work, it's not bad at all.

Scottone

Wasn't sure I dug the pink top at first, but after looking at the pics a few times its grown on me. Very cool guitar

suckamc

Supporting Member
I found it on the Ronin page: "Prices range from $6,500 – $7,000." Basically out of my range hehe But I'm sure when you consider the amount of work hours and the quality of their work, it's not bad at all.
Yep, exactly. If you were local to me, I'd gladly let you play it. I think if people could just FEEL one, they'd fall in love. That goes for my Songbirds, too. They just feel more like a natural appendage. I've heard the same about the other models, but I can only speak for Songbirds and Badmoons.

suckamc

Supporting Member
Guess what's on the truck for delivery.

It's a PS4 game.

But guess what else.

And guess who won't be in until late :(

fishleehooker

Supporting Member
I haven't been commenting much on the 'ol interwebs, but this one deserves it. I LOVE IT! I am a wraparound kind of guy and that is my favorite part, along with the pickups and color, and just general vibe. Seriously awesome. I didn't see what size strings you went with. Sorry if you already said. Very....very cool guitar.

suckamc

Supporting Member
Well, initial impressions (and this is the first I've really gotten to sit with her):

(Deep breath)

I think it really is my favorite guitar ever. It doesn't sound like anything else, and I LOVE that. Mine has a BIG neck. It feels like perfection to me. The thing weighs nothing. The workmanship is what you'd expect. But, yeah, it's mostly about the tone. I'll post a clip as soon as I get the chance. I know this was obvious from the video of the prototype, but I'm reminded again of how cool this thing sounds with gain! It sounds awfully fat clean, but perfectly at home with gain. More importantly, that chimey attack comes right through the dirt. Beautimous.

This guitar makes me happy. If I had to pick one guitar and I didn't need to cop other guitar tones the rest of my life, this would be my one guitar. It makes me happy.

Last edited: