My SDG Quasi JTM 45 build in progress.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Red Planet, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

Steve sent me a Pic of the Turret Board. Just look at those Jensens. Cant wait to see how she sounds. :BluesBros

It will be here soon enuff.

Its sort of a JTM 45 that will run off of 6V6's, EL34's, 6550, KT88's... With 5Y3, 5U4, or GZ34 rectifiers.

As with allways Steve use nothing but the Best Components. Its gonna be a 1x12 Combo.

[​IMG]

2. rastaman

rastaman Member

Me jealous!

I'll have to make the treck..................:BEER

3. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

4. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

Where's the love? Not trying to show my trophey just thought someone might be interested. Oh well guess I should have mentioned /13 or Dumble or something. :eek: :D ;)

5. Rusty G.

Rusty G. Member

O.K. RP. . .What kind of speaker are you going to run in it? You said combo. . .Might it be a 2 X 12 loaded with Celestion Blues? And, if so, are we going to get a tone report from you?. . .And, didn't you used to own a Blockhead Firstborn with 2 X 12 Celestion Blues? And why did you get rid of the Firstborn, if you did own it, and you did get rid of it?

Object to the form of the question.

O.K. . .subject to the objection. . .Can you answer the question?

6. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

Its gonna be a 1X12 Combo and I'm seriously thinking of using an Eminence Wizard though there could be other options. I think I'm gonna try a Celestion Alnico Gold if they ever come out with them. I figure a G12H 30 could blow if pushed to hard.

I never owned a Blockehead but dont get me gassing for something else.

The biggest thing I'm curious about is how these Jensen PIO Caps are gonna sound. Its gonna use a very wide variety of tubes and I'm looking forward to trying a few different tubes in it.

7. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

Rusty couldnt help but notice where your from. How are things down there?

8. Rusty G.

Rusty G. Member

Hot and muggy!

R.P. . .You used to own a Balls M-18, right? Sorry about the Firstborn mistake. I knew that it was one of those 18 watters that I had bad G.A.S. for. Anyway, I picked up a Voxer from another TGP'er and have been enjoying it. Nor I'm thinking about a Germino JTM45 or Classic 40 with the 20 watt greenies.

9. Mark Kane

Mark Kane Silver Supporting Member

I'll be interested to hear what you think of those caps. I think they sound great for cleans but I can't stand them when the amp starts distorting, way more than I want to hear.

10. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

Way more what?

11. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

Do I need to say it again. Way more what?

12. rastaman

rastaman Member

When is that jewel going to be ready????????????

Inquiring minds want to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:BEER

13. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

Well Mr Steve says by this weekend but I dont want to rush him. I told him take his time. I do look forward to Playing the beast. The only thing is with which tubes first? I'm hoping this amp can morph into my little gigging amp as apposed to the 2203 which is to damn heavy for me. Once I'm there all else is just gravy.

I'm kinda fasinated with what this thing is gonna do. I'm asking for a lot and am crossing my fingers on how she reacts with the different tubes. Volume and Tone wise at least.

Cranked my Marshall Handwired yet again today. The trannys managed to hold up. Makes you wonder bout all the BS. I think 75 percent of this stuff is misuse with the ol nope wasnt me. Just me though.