My Song From the Album

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by pbradt, Apr 6, 2008.

1. pbradt

pbradt Senior Member

Sanity Must Die

If you have been paying attention, you'll figure out what the title REALLY means. (Hint, I had to change it because it was too political)

2. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

Pete ....

Excellent my good man ..
    So sorry I missed this before .. great composition..
    And I totally concur with the real' title of the tune ...
    Sweet doubled lines too .. you're swinging it dude ...

3. stumboid

stumboid Member

Hannity?

4. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

5. hemlock

hemlock Guest

Yeah man! That was fun! Nice groove, cool playing. make sure you let me know when the CD is done.

6. lannyhall

lannyhall Member

The lead guitar reminded me of some of the the Danny Gatton tones from 88 Elmira St.

7. andybaylor

andybaylor Supporting Member

Heres my review-
    Great Beer Drinkin Ass Kickin music...from a guy who doesn't give a ****.

8. pbradt

pbradt Senior Member

That's quite funny, because I don't count Danny Gatton as an influence. Someone else has told me some of my playing reminds them of Robert Cray, equally interesting since I don't count him as an influence either. It's a Tele into my Tweed Super. Rhythm is the Deluxe. Only effect is slapback.

The Cray one was especially weird because this is a Tele and I've never seen Cary, live or in a photo, with a Tele.

Next think you know, someone will say I remind them of Walter Becker or Skunk Baxter and I'll REALLY be scratching my head.

I wrote this when I had the most vicious hangover imaginable. Heavy drinking adversely affects my sleep cycle so I woke early, and I had that riff in my head. I decided it'd be a good idea if I saved it to disk, so I fired up PT, plugged in direct and played the verse in A, saved it an shut back down (both the computer and me).

Several months later I stumbled onto this thing while cleaning out old stuff and said "hey, I vaguely remember this, I better not throw it away."

Several months after that I got my **** together and worked up a demo, and it's grown from that.

It's odd, I've had a few hangovers since then (though none quite so malevolent) and I've never had that inspiration again.

9. pbradt

pbradt Senior Member

Should be about a month. It's supposed to be mastered next week.