1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

My sons are playing with Pat Martino tomorrow!

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by TerryE, Feb 18, 2009.

1. TerryE

TerryE Member

My sons are playing with Pat Martino tomorrow! How cool is that? He is sitting in with my sons' (one is a bassist, the other plays trombone) high school jazz band for a short performance at a local high school here in St. Louis. They (my sons) have no idea how lucky they are, and are completely nonplussed. If it was me, I would be going crazy.

Anyway, because no one I know would be impressed by this, and I had to tell someone, I thought I would mention it here.

Terry

2. wemedge

wemedge Member

Very nice- hope you're allowed to take pics or document the performance somehow (for your own records). Someday your sons might realize(!) hey- that was really cool and would appreciate the review. Congratulations, really nice opportunity for your sons.

regards,
    wemedge

3. diego

diego Member

Very cool.

Wait until your sons get whacked in the head by that unending stream of uptempo eighth notes... they'll get it then.

4. parker

parker Member

please video the performance and post it, I would love to see it! Pat's one of my heroes...

5. SnidelyWhiplash

SnidelyWhiplash Member

Very funny! Having one of jazz guitar's greats to sit in with them,Fan-
    tastic!

6. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

Gigs must be hard to come by! :)

7. Dana Olsen

Dana Olsen Gold Supporting Member

Wow - that's one of the coolest things I've ever heard!

Pat Martino - WOW!

Dana O.

8. TerryE

TerryE Member

He's playing at a local club, 2 sets a night for 3 nights. I'm hoping to hit the late show tonight. I'm not sure that I can make the show at the high school because it's in the middle of the workday.

The guy who runs the jazz program at the high school is well connected. My kids have played with a bunch of professionals (Clark Terry comes to mind - I can't remember the others). But, to me, Pat Martino is something else.

Terry

9. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

Same here. We didn't get to play with any adult, let alone professional, musicians when I was in jazz band in high school. Sounds like your kids are in a great program.

Bryan

10. thewhit

thewhit Silver Supporting Member

What a great opportunity for the kids and nice of Pat Martino to give something back to the up and comers.