Cool fingerboard inlay
WCR Crossroad pick ups
Stop tail, split coil
Top wood looked like this.

So far it looks like this

This is his Model 6 btw.

r9player

Gold Supporting Member
I'm pretty stoked, not just the top, but the black limba has a real killer look to it as well .. I'll see if he can send me a pic of the back too. The top though looks 10 times better then I tought it would from the raw wood picture, glad I went with it

MOJO

wow that awesome..flamed Spalt and black limba:eek:

i'm very interested to see how this one turns out
{Doug is very close to cracking into my wallet }

r9player

Gold Supporting Member
So far it's been great working with him.
Here is a pick of the fretboard, neck and back of the body.

jonleecourage

I'm also not usually a fan a fancy wood, but that is indeed a very sharp looking body. Nice!

Nice fingerboard inlays too. *Great* choice of pickups. Covers or uncovered? Dbl creams might look nice in that top, I think.

Should be awesome when done. Looks like this guy does some really nice work, from his site.

(...no idea what limba's tonal quality is, can you say why you chose it?)

Consider putting Pigtail studs/tailpiece on it - they're awesome. Sometimes a bit of a wait but well worth it. (If you call Steve directly I've found he can usually cut the wait down.)

What kind of electronics (pots, caps) are going in?

MOJO

r9player...

PM me,

want to chat and ask you a couple of thing regarding your guitar

samdjr74

Silver Supporting Member
Hey Pai,

It's looking great so far man, can't wait to see the finished product, I like the inlays too.

Sam

r9player

Gold Supporting Member
Here is the latest update on the guitar.
Binding onto the fretboard and onto the neck and neck onto the body.

samdjr74

Silver Supporting Member
Pai,

It's looking great so far, can't wait to see the finished product.

Sam

MOJO

i was just thinking of posting this morning to ask if any progress had been made on it..but didn't want to come off as a pest:p
i come back from lunch and here it is...funny...

man that is going to be so sweet when it's done..

i'm patiently awaiting an overdue bonus ($$$) that could be headed Doug's way, if he'd be interested in doing a type of set neck super Strat/Soloist for me... want to wait till i get the coin though before i contact him..

r9player

Gold Supporting Member
I went to his website today .. seems like he's up to his Neck in work right now, so I figured I check in see how things are going, sound like my guitar is next in line for some more finishing work and then hardware ...

sleepingtiger

Nice guitars guys! When I was looking for a luthier I emailed Doug twice, but was never replied to, Oh well. I have a Schroeder in the works & am delighted with the process. Jason is great to work with, as I'm sure Doug is! It just goes to show you that it DOES all work out in the end. I have to admit that I AM curious as to why I never got a reply though. Have fun!

r9player

Gold Supporting Member
As far as I can tell Doug is over his head in work right now, and he doesn't do a lot by email usually. Likes to talk to the person at least once before starting.

sleepingtiger

"As far as I can tell Doug is over his head in work right now, and he doesn't do a lot by email usually. Likes to talk to the person at least once before starting"

Understood, but a response saying, "Call me" would be in order, doncha think? I wouldn't put up an email address if I didn't want to be contacted that way. Like I said, I'm not pissed, just curious, that's all. I'm MORE than happy where I'm at, with Schroeder. Color This camper happy!

r9player

Gold Supporting Member
i dunno i eh live behind not one but two computers ... not answering email is like .. I can't .. imagine that scenario ..
so who knows .. he has always answered my emails.

get some pics out of that Schroeder guitar of yours! His works seems real killer!
So color two people happy right here :)