• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

My Tele has the feel but not the sound.

XmasTree

I need more rock out of my tele. I love to pick it up but the sound isn't pleasing me.
Im looking to fix this with a bridge pickup swap.
I don't really want the noise of traditional twang.
My Reverend w/ humbuckers is absolutely killing the tone battle with my Hwy 1 Tele. ...and I'm using an AC30. JEEZ ..i know.

The good companies probably don't make a noiseless or faux humbucker style bridge pickup huh?

Im researching the Duncan Lil 59
...and maybe....a fender noiseless.
I don't know.

Help me rock.

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
my tele has a firebird in the neck and dimarzio area T in the bridge. it kills. and hum free.

12guitdown

Gold Supporting Member
Somewhat unrecognized but after many swaps in my tele bridge I settled on a DMZ Tone Zone, Dual blade w/ 4 cond. Sounds great when split and gets that tele twang too. In HB mode, you could take it to metal but does an awesome rock sound as well and cleans up nice when rolled back. super versatile in my book.

XmasTree

my tele has a firebird in the neck and dimarzio area T in the bridge. it kills. and hum free.

The Area T's description nails it for me.
I hope it doesn't sound cheap. I assume your friend uses a decent amount of gain/distortion. ?? "It kills" sounds damn appealing.
I might just go for this one.

Thoughts anyone?

jbay555

Silver Supporting Member
Nothing better than a lollar! I mean NOTHING!!! His stagger pole is killer if you are looking for more breakup. His special T is magnificant as well!

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
If you want bucker tone, the Duncan lil59 is great. Right off the shelf. Seriously good bucker tone with some slice still in it.

You don't HAVE to go high end, but it depends on what you want. Thicker fatter tone, Me I'd use a Mare Tweed Monster...but I still want some signature T tone out of it.

XmasTree

My gain is turned up pretty good most of the time.
I need something that works well with gain.
My stock Hwy 1 pickups are supposed to be gain friendly, which they are but the tone sucks.

I've looked at the Lollars and Fralins. CAN THEY HANDLE SOME GAIN AND GRIT? I need rock tones. Not twangy country.
I would be willing to go with the Lollars, ..IF... they are able to handle a modded tube screamer through a driven AC30. (it gets loud and dirty)

I'm pretty sure it'll give me too much noise and that's why I'm after a noiseless ROCK pickup.

I love my Tele. And I need this to work out.

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
you know they just came out with an Area Hot T. probably even more fire breathing than mine!

buckwild

I have a Dimarzio Chopper in my thinline bridge and it is a rock machine. Probably pretty similar to the tone zone I'd think

big mike

Cathode biased
My gain is turned up pretty good most of the time.
I need something that works well with gain.
My stock Hwy 1 pickups are supposed to be gain friendly, which they are but the tone sucks.

I've looked at the Lollars and Fralins. CAN THEY HANDLE SOME GAIN AND GRIT? I need rock tones. Not twangy country.
I would be willing to go with the Lollars, ..IF... they are able to handle a modded tube screamer through a driven AC30. (it gets loud and dirty)

I'm pretty sure it'll give me too much noise and that's why I'm after a noiseless ROCK pickup.

I love my Tele. And I need this to work out.
Duncan Hot Stack

I honestly don't think the Lollar is going to give you what you want. I like the Fralin a lot,but they can squeal a bit under heavier gain.

Duncan Hot Stack
Lil59 for buckeresque tones
Mare Tweed Monster (true single though so it'll 60hz hum)
More potted Fralin

those would be my thoughts.

rob2001

I know this isn't what your asking but my Tele has some custom wounds in it and they are great with low to medium gain. Any time I want to go to higher gain tones, I have to roll the tone knob almost off, like 20%, for fat rock tones. Also, rolling the volume just a bit can take the edge off. But then your cutting the output so i'll use a boost of some sort. But thats the beauty of the Tele, or at least the beauty I find in mine. It can go from twang to hard rock with some adjustment of the controls. I wouldn't want to loose the great cleans/twang.

Trending Topics