My thoughts on the Pharaoh Fuzz....music can touch the soul..

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by DanHorse, Feb 8, 2012.

1. DanHorse

DanHorse Member

I kind of took a gamble on the Pharaoh, I didnt have a set 'slot' or job for it in mind but was taken with the clip on Youtube by Popinthechemist while he was using the Wet Reverb with the Pharaoh.

So, I managed to snag one, it was one of the older batches, no Ge option just the diodes in/out option.

I have to be honest and say it kind of escapes my usual descriptions. Its really versatile, and I soon found love for the nice smooth silicon diodes in option and the super malty diodes out. It has become my 'wild card' pedal, never dull or boring, always hinting at more to be discovered. (Mark offered to send me the Ge parts to install so Im real excited about that! Mark is a genuine nice guy.)

Its the diodes out that speaks to me most, it has a saxophone like quality - some call it the trombone sound but sax says it for me......

Why? because my late Dad played sax and me sitting there playing soft ambient sax like runs filled me with joy and i must say a tear in my eye in rememberence of my much loved Dad.

So thanks to Mark for helping make my musical journeys more personal and exciting! :aok

And here's to Dad too ;)
    [​IMG]

2. MadFrank

MadFrank Supporting Member

3. fred_

fred_ Supporting Member

That is just a great story! Thanks man!

4. DanHorse

DanHorse Member

5. cj_wattage

cj_wattage Vendor

Glad you dig your Pharaoh. I certainly dig mine.

6. guitarslinger21

guitarslinger21 Member

That's a cool story, Dan. It sounds like you might also like the Skreddy Supa Tone. I'm pretty sure that is like a no diode Muff. I have one, and it sounds pretty saxy.

7. PlexiFuzz

PlexiFuzz I know karate. Voodoo, too.

Very cool story and very cool pedal. I, too, have the non Ge version (I had a Ge version, also, but I sold that one). It's such a versatile pedal. I mainly use mine into a Marshall style amp run dirty, and with diodes out, the low gain setting and the fuzz maxed, it turns the amp into a massive wall of doom. And, yeah, Mark is definitely one of the good guys!