• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

My Touring Rig: Complete!

Stratoben127

I made my first full length record this fall and I'm about to announce a few months of touring behind it starting early next year. It's got a lot of acoustic instruments and the music requires a less "lead-y" approach and a slightly lower stage volume than I'm used to. It's still very guitar-driven and improvisational but less straight up jazz and jam band stuff and more song-based. I first rehearsed with the touring band tonight and here's the main rig:
View media item 48268
Guitars:
-Gibson Custom Dickey Betts SG in open E tuning (main guitar). Added 60s Custom Made plaque, brass saddles and 50s Grovers.
-1953 Gibson Les Paul in standard/open D/open E tuning. Routed for humbuckers w/Sheptone Blue Sky pickups.
-K-Line Truxton (Tele) in drop D and standard tuning.
-1959 Gibson LG-1 w/K&K Pure Mini Pickup (runs to FOH via a JHS Colour Box, not pictured).

Amp:
-Alessandro 1/2AZZ. 50 watt Super Reverb/Steel String Singer/Tweed hybrid. Running into the rhythm channel all the time (cranked Super Reverb-ish tone). I use a switch to blend in the lead channel in parallel (like a Y-cord). The lead channel is similar to a high powered Tweed twin and acts as a mid boost to fatten bridge pickups and single coils. Some spring reverb is always on. The box on top is an Alessandro Muzzle attenuator which I use to knock a few db off in very small rooms. My backup/tiny room amp is a 1964 Deluxe Reverb with a JBL D120F.

Cab:
Open back, uncovered Alessandro Poplar 4x10. Two Alessandro Neo speakers, two Alessandro/Eminence SC-64 speakers in an X-pattern. Bottom SC-64 mic'd with a vintage Electro-Voice 635C (not pictured).

Pedalboard:
TC Electronic Polytune -> Alessandro Splitter -> Boss DM-2 Waza Craft -> Alessandro Rhythm Channel. When the splitter (black box) is engaged, it runs into the lead and rhythm channels in parallel. The Supro footswitch turns on the tremolo on the Alessandro.

I know a fair amount of people on here follow me elsewhere and have seen me play, so I figured I'd just kind of set the record straight. I'll be doing some record release shows in Nashville and South Florida over the next month, then in February the first leg of my tour hits east TN, VA, D.C., MD, Philly, and NC. Tour will be announced next week. Hope some TGP'ers come out and hang.

bensparaco.com

Last edited:

Simto

You just know that rig sounds amazing, even without hearing it hehe.

The Goldtop is so sick!

moosewayne

Silver Supporting Member
Can't imagine any sound not at your fingertips!
Travel safe. Be smart. Eat fruit and vegetables.

I live in Boca Raton and you'll be here on 12/28. I'm on vacation that week, if I'm around I'll come to the show.

Hackdog69

Gold Supporting Member
Man at 19 I was playing shows with a Japanese Fender and a peavey, couldn't imagine having the $$ for guitars like that when I was a year out of high school.. good for you man!!

JoeB63

Silver Supporting Member
Any relation to Taylor Swift? I kid. Maybe. Nice gear. Good luck with your tour.

Bertiman

Nice gear. I took a listen to some of your stuff and enjoyed it greatly! You are a real talent. Best of luck with your tour. I hope to get the opportunity to see you play.

BadAssBill

Gold Supporting Member
Good stuff! I think you've got all the guitar tones sufficiently covered. PM me if you're coming through Atlanta please....I need to go see live music more.

jpervin

Silver Supporting Member
No Strat? You'll have to change your moniker! ;)

Nice rig.
All the best on your tour.

C-4

Congratulations! At your age, you have far more great gear then I could even contemplate at that age. Enjoy the tour. It should be fun! :)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom