• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

my traynor mark 3 + marshall jcm 800 cab, need help with pluggin in NEWBIE QUESTION

gishlullmoon

i just got two questions, they should be easy for you seniors

do i have to plugin to both cable holes??? i thought you only needed one cable??? if you only need one cable, where do you plug the speaker cable from head to the cab to, which hole on the cab do i use???

then on the back of the cab the impendance is kind of smeared it looks like it could be 10, 16, or 18, my bet is 16 though, i just wanna be safe so im checking wi9th you guys. its a jcm 800 lead 300 watt cab.

in the previous thread a guy told me my imendance for my traynor head is 4 and said it would be fine with 16 just to double check with everyone that is ok to do right?:hide

Mudder

That's on the speaker cab? Plug into the one in the indent. The second hole is to run to another cab, I think.

gishlullmoon

thanks but i got a big problem i just don't know how to use the traynor.

i got it a few weeks but just got the cab today and its my first head/cab

it doesnt have an "on switch" and ive looked in the manuals and ive tried everything to get this on. but i got even get the tubes to light up.

the manual says it has an on switch but i cant find it to save my life.

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
I haven't used a Mk3 for a couple+ decades.
In general the power on switch is on the back panel.
The ground switch is is near it.
The standby is on the front panel.
Plug a cable into the amp jack marked speaker, not extension speaker.
Plug the other end into any hole that fits on the cab. Duplicate jacks on cabs are for more speaker cabs.
The mk3 is likely set for 4 ohms and 16 is a bit of a risky load but I'd use it, I'd prefer 8 or 4...if it blew I'd fix it, too.
Someone can rewire your 4/12 cab, with 16 ohm speakers, to show 4 ohms for your amp and you are perfect.

gishlullmoon

i still can't get the tubes to make a sound or light up....... am i suppose to have a opower source for this head???

it says i need a 120v 60 cycle power source..... so i cant just plug it into the wall and go???

can somone give me a link to one i can buy?

gishlullmoon

i dont know about power sources and cords......does anyone know anything about a 120 volt 60 cycle power source/cord i would need to power my traynor head?

GrecoVee

i just got two questions, they should be easy for you seniors

do i have to plugin to both cable holes??? i thought you only needed one cable??? if you only need one cable, where do you plug the speaker cable from head to the cab to, which hole on the cab do i use???

then on the back of the cab the impendance is kind of smeared it looks like it could be 10, 16, or 18, my bet is 16 though, i just wanna be safe so im checking wi9th you guys. its a jcm 800 lead 300 watt cab.

in the previous thread a guy told me my imendance for my traynor head is 4 and said it would be fine with 16 just to double check with everyone that is ok to do right?:hide
First question I have is,..What is the fuction of the extra 1/4 inch jack input on the back of your JCM 800 4x12 for?
Is each input wired to a pair of speakers?, Or is it a paralle "jumper" jack input? In that case, either input should be wired to 16 ohms and you only have to plug into one input.
And!, the guy that told you it's safe to plug a tube head with a 4 ohm tap out to a cabinet that's rate at 16 ohms, has it wrong!
I supect that your Traynor is actually an 8 ohm out from the head but some of them like the older Traynor "Bass Master" is actually a 16 ohm out to the speaker.
Your best option would be to have your Marshall 4x12 cabinet rewired from 16 ohms mono to 4 ohms mono (which can be done). Then you'll be safe with the Tranyor head. Good Luck!

gishlullmoon

this is a back and forth email......

Yeah, that's it, on the back, yeah? Might even have a polarity
switch. I'm running mine in the down position, but I don't know which
direction is right for yours. Does your cord have a 3rd prong or is
it at least polarized (one prong wider than the other)? Basically you
find the direction for that switch that makes it not shock you while
touching the guitar strings and ground at the same time.

The standby switch should be on the front right. Leave the standby
off (down) for a couple of minutes while the tubes warm up before
flipping it up to "operate." And yes, 120/60 is plug and play for
North America power.

to:
hey, thanks for your help again, it doesnt look to have a polarity switch although the cord looks to be different than the amp cords that ive seen, please look at the pics help me out. i couldnt a decent one of it but you get the idea of the prongs of the cord......i can try again if you cant see it..... but i also took a pic of the back of the traynor in case there is something im missing or not doing right. like the circuit breaker am i suppose to f with that?? my guess is no.......i think you are right with the polarity issue, but if it is different, please tell me about it what kind of power do i need??? is the one that you plug into your wall positive?? and one you would buy differenlty negative or something? is a goood thing i didnt kill myself then because i tried it pluged into the wall about three times....

Trending Topics