my tuner went south...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gravy, May 6, 2016.

1. gravy

gravy Member

so yes it`s time to make a decision and get the board ready for action. can`t help but be interested in the turbo tuner though which model i`m unsure. Also BTW i am open to other suggestions besides - have used the boss, korg, arion before so fishing for what is out there that is sturdy, accurate, bonus for low light visibility, size not an issue. thx!

2. Kluch

Kluch Member

do the boss tu-3w.... looks awesome, and it's a boss so it'll last forever. I have the tu-3 and love it.

3. rummy

rummy Member

Wait, how does a tuner go south?

Turbo tuner's been good. I also love using Strobostomp when it's outdoors.

4. Texas_Blues

Texas_Blues Member

I have the Korg Pitchblack. I've had it since 2009 and it's been a beast since. If you're in a band see what your other guitarist uses and get that one. That's what we did in my band.

5. olejason

olejason Supporting Member

Most tuners out nowadays are pretty much on par with each other. Just pick one and go for it.

6. Dr.Picklebottom

Dr.Picklebottom Member

agreed.

i use and enjoy the pitchblack but its not the best for outdoor. that criteria will prob be the deciding factor for you, OP. i agree w olejason, though- most are about the same. dont get carried away w a fraction of a percent more accuracy, in tune is in tune and even when it is the guitar technically can never be completely in tune so dont obcess about it. i use the pitchblack for set ups and my guitars sound as in tune as you can get.

7. MattLeFevers

MattLeFevers Member

When my last tuner broke I used it as an excuse to grab a TC Polytune 2. I love it but the above comment is also valid. A tuner either does or does not tune correctly so unless it's broken they're all pretty similar, ha.

I will say that when I see pictures of professionals' pedal boards they're all pretty much using the Boss TU-3 or a Polytune. With the occasional Korg. So to me those appear to be the industry standards.

8. DakotaRed

DakotaRed Member

My ear got better after buying a Turbo Tuner. Yes, I'm serous.

EDIT: previous BOSS user but not trying to start a ruckus