• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

My Two Rock SP35 is sadly too loud, recommend me some similar nice amps please!

Radiocureee

So, i know the subject of going from (any random amp) and upgrading, if you will, to a Two Rock has been beaten to death. My question is a little different. I just bought my SP35 about 6 months ago. Its one hell of an amp for sure, but I'm strictly a bedroom player and the thing is just too damn loud for my situation. Its a crime to have such a nice / expensive amp sit here and not be able to turn it up more than a hair from 0. I'd love some recommendations about what i should move down to. I would LOVE to get a crystal 22, but I'm not going to pay more on top of what ill get out of my SP35.

rufedges

Maybe try the Fryette Power Station (attenuator)......... I just sold my 50 watt TR Schofield, primarily same reason, and I was looking for more of a SRV sound than J Mayer. I have a Scumback DB Limiter, with the TR, it just sounded kind of cold and brittle (still bedroom levels) The Scumback DB Limiter sounds good with my 22 watt Vintage Sound 22SC though, its funny how everything interacts differently.

I read LOTS of good things about the Fryette Power Station, search the forum here, it's like 63 pages long on the Fryette. If you love the tone of the amp, an attenuator might be worth it. If you don't absolutely love the amps tone, then you might need a different amplifier.

Radiocureee

Maybe try the Fryette Power Station (attenuator)......... I just sold my 50 watt TR Schofield, primarily same reason, and I was looking for more of a SRV sound than J Mayer. I have a Scumback DB Limiter, with the TR, it just sounded kind of cold and brittle (still bedroom levels) The Scumback DB Limiter sounds good with my 22 watt Vintage Sound 22SC though, its funny how everything interacts differently.

I read LOTS of good things about the Fryette Power Station, search the forum here, it's like 63 pages long on the Fryette. If you love the tone of the amp, an attenuator might be worth it. If you don't absolutely love the amps tone, then you might need a different amplifier.
i will give it a look! I do love the sound of the amp, but I've definitely been chasing a gilmour sound in the recent months. Im trying to do a little reading into something along the lines of a permanent DG sound in a bedroom unit. Of course its tons of pedals as well, but I'm pretty close on the pedalboard.

Radiocureee

Im contemplating a Princeton Reverb. One of those swanky new ash sunburst ones. Anyone out there think going from a TR SP35 to a Princeton Reverb is a good choice? Ive never played one, and have not the abilities to go demo one. From reading numerous things, everyone seems to say its a great bedroom amp with lots of clean headroom. Clean headroom would be a must, because obviously my TR has endless clean. I know wattage doesn't necessarily mean volume, but going from a 35 watt to a 15 watter has to be a huge drop in volume. If anyone has any thoughts or input, it would be greatly appreciated!

trailrun100s

You won't notice a huge drop in volume. 15 watts is still loud as hell in a bedroom, or condo/whatever.

Don't feel guilty, just enjoy your amp, it's feelings aren't hurt that you can't turn it up.

On the other hand, if you don't what to have your money tied up in an expensive amp to play at am radio volumes, sell it and get a simple Fender. Or a modeler where you can get pushed tones at whisper volume.

Or better yet, join a band and start using that thing as intended :)

Trending Topics