My unfortunate experience with NosePedal...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Zalu, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Zalu

Zalu Supporting Member

Before you read further, know that my intention isn't to bash the company or anything. It's that other potential customers of his would see this and hopefully don't end up have the same experience that I did.

In February, I was going through another overhaul of my pedalboard. Sell everything off and start again! So I was looking for a volume pedal with a small form factor and preferably fairly light. On my search, I came across NosePedal. I decided to order their Volume Pro pedal since it seemed to fit the bill. Placed my order, received my Paypal receipt, and eagerly awaited the advertised 3-week build/order time.

Three weeks rolls by and I don't hear anything. No shipping confirmation, no update email, etc. I figured they must've gotten busy or something, so no big deal! I mean, I can wait if it'll be worth it. A couple more weeks go by and still nothing. I went to their website and filled out the contact form (which says they get back to most questions in 1-2 days) just wanting to make sure that my order wasn't missed or forgotten. No answer.

The next week, I figured that since I hadn't heard anything that they had disbanded or something and their website was left up. I had to rationalize it somehow haha. Anyways, I went and filed a claim with PayPal. At that point, I just wanted a refund. An hour later I received an email from Aaron Tomberlin (owner) apologizing for the mix up and that He had just made some that day, and that he could get it out the next day. He told me if I still wanted it, to go ahead and just cancel the claim. I figured I would give him the benefit of the doubt and went and did just that. I canceled the claim (which was my first claim, not knowing that you CAN'T re-open them), and he agreed to ship the next morning.

Next day comes... You guessed it. Nothing. I've sent him a couple more emails since then and no response. It's been a couple more weeks and I've given up hope of seeing my pedal or getting my $70 back. I've checked out their Facebook & Instagram and have seen that they're fairly active, and that I'm not the only one who has had an experience like that. Other people have posted comments along the lines of "Ordered this pedal 6 months ago... hope it's mine!" and I check back later and they've been deleted.

So, just be careful if you decide to order from this guy. I'm now currently waiting for Classic Audio fx's volume roller instead.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    C-4 likes this.
  2. PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus Gold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

Wow. That's a dick move on his part. Sorry, man, that sucks.

3. the tourist

the tourist Member

I had a similar experience. 6 months. I spammed their IG until they finally actually contacted me with a sob story about a move and supplier issues and a backlog of 14,000 unread e-mails. I used a credit card and so I got my money back. 6 months passed and it showed up, at which point I'd already gotten something else to replace the functionality of their pedal. Needless to say they're the worst guitar-based company I've ever encountered. I should count myself lucky it was only a cheap pedal and not an amp.

4. gpro34

gpro34 Member

That's a crappy thing to do, but karma has a way of making it right don't worry.

5. Chadjohneto

Chadjohneto Supporting Member

Same type of experience 3 years ago. Seems to be the mo. No use for NOSE

6. RockDebris

RockDebris Member

Not to pile on, but I ordered a single Bypass Looper a while ago (Maybe 1 1/2 years ago .... definitely when their number of products on offer was smaller).

It sounds silly, it is such a simple device, but I usually don't build things even this simple if I can buy it at a reasonable price.

Anyway, I placed the order and it came fast. No problems there.

However, I had it on my board for a while and it intermittently had trouble when engaged (no sound). Knowing even I could fix a device this simple, I opened it up. I expected to find a cracked solder joint. What I found made me LOL. There was a lead without ANY solder at all. It had never been soldered .. it was perfectly clean. The connection was made just by the grace of the wire pressing against the post (not secured to the post in any way).

I know, easy fix, I didn't really complain, but I did email them just to let them know what I had found. Never even graced me with a reply .. a mea culpa .. nothing. Up until that point I had my eye on a few of their devices, but they don't even cross my mind anymore. I can forgive a mistake, I find it much harder to forgive poor or zero communication.

7. D Rock

D Rock Member

Good to know guys as I have been looking at getting some of their stuff before.

8. guitarlifestyle

guitarlifestyle I like guitars. Silver Supporting Member

Sadly for their customers, this seems to be their MO. How someone can run a business the way they do and live with themselves, I'll never know.

9. rck

rck Supporting Member

Jeez, how many people is this guy gonna rip off?!!!! how does he even have a Paypal account active anymore...really dislike seeing this continue to happen to folks.

for a way better alternative to NosePedal, try Saturnworks: http://saturnworkspedals.com/

Slevin likes this.
  10. jdel77

jdel77 Silver Supporting Member

Great.
    Paint us all with the same brush. Thanks.

burner and ThunderTomate like this.
  11. ELmiguel

ELmiguel Member

Did you pay with your credit card when you paid via Paypal? Or did you draw money out of your Paypal account? If you used a credit card, you can still dispute the charge with them.

12. Zalu

Zalu Supporting Member

Sorry, fixed.

It was money in my Paypal account, otherwise I would definitely do that.

13. Nystuss

Nystuss Member

Same deal here, more or less. Which sucks because their pedal order swapper is exactly what I need right now, and nobody else makes one.

14. zetamkiii

zetamkiii Member

What did you expect? For only $70 of course the quality as well as the customer service is going to be the like from such rabble. Let this be a lesson to all of you. This is exactly why I only buy Boutique product and from reputable manufacturers.

Had you ordered Boutique in the first place, you would have slept soundly in your bed. Instead, you chose to suffer this inferior customer service and product. Why persist in such folly?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  15. Able Grip

Able Grip Member

I would still go back to PayPal and tell them how he tricked you into dropping the claim and promised to fulfill the order and then ripped you off. PayPal will often help out the buyer even though it is not their regular rules.

Slevin likes this.
  16. SirGilmour

SirGilmour Supporting Member

Boss wouldn't do this. ;)

Slevin likes this.
  17. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Senior Member

Horse puckey. I've ordered things (buffer, looper) from Saturnworks (http://saturnworkspedals.com/) and had great service on two very reasonably priced pedals that perform very well.

I've been stung by Nose Pedals and had a bit of grief from Loop-Master so if/when I need that kind of stuff again I'm going back to Saturnworks.

WhoJamFan likes this.
  18. ummohyeah

ummohyeah Member

Hogwash. What a stupid comment. "Spend more money next time otherwise it's your own fault." If anyone advertises a service, even pedal building, and gets paid before delivery of the product/service, they should deliver. Furthermore, good for you for not supporting the next up and coming hot pedal builders. Lucky for you though, you can jump on the bandwagon when said pedal builder finally cracks the big time and sing their praises because you slept soundly in your bed the whole time. :cool:

bobbyatomic and dshobe like this.
  19. mousepunk

mousepunk Member

You can find many threads like this about the nosepedal. I had the same experience, but i did not cancel the claim so i did not loose my money. Totally unreliable manufacturer.

20. Tiny Montgomery

Tiny Montgomery Supporting Member

What grief from Loop-master? I'm waiting for an a/b switch from them, right now. The site said 4-6 weeks, which is already a long wait time for something so simple. It's been 5 weeks, as of tomorrow. I figured I'd wait 6 before emailing them, since that's at the maximum of their stated time. Should I not even expect that to happen? I'd hoped they overestimated the time and it would be closer to 4.

I was annoyed to see the exact same thing (different brand) for sale for right at the same price, locally, after I'd ordered.