My Vox wah died...where to send for a mod?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Timmo, May 1, 2008.

1. Timmo

Timmo Member

Anyone know a good place to send a Vox wah for repair and/or for a mod of some sort?
    Might be cheaper just to buy another wah I would imagine...?
    Thanks in advance for any thoughts/opinions...........

2. 4styx

4styx Member

Pedalworx.:AOK

3. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

Keeley does some nice mods on Vox wahs, as long as it is not a 535Q. I have an older 847 w/TB and a few mods that he did that I really like.

4. mistercoffee1

mistercoffee1 Member

I've heard nothing but good things from Pedalworx on this forum. In fact, they've consistently been some of the best comments I've heard about any wah, for that matter.

In what way did it die, by the way? Simply that no signal passes when it's activated?

5. RockDC

RockDC Member

Keeley doesn't mod if the pedal isn't working.

6. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

:jo
    Yeah, that's right. It depends on why/how it died. He will do some basic repairs, like replacing the switch.

7. drolling

drolling Member

Timmo, is your pedal a V-847? They're built like tanks and are great platforms for upgrading/experimenting..

I'm not sure if Dan @ Area 51, does the mods himself, but I just picked up his circuit board for my V-847. Comes with clear instructions & more or less just drops right in. All you need's a soldering iron & a screwdriver.

Transformed a doorstop into one of my favorite pedals ever! The kit's called 'vintage Italian' IIRC & the best $69 I've spent in recent years. He's got all kinds of other stuff you can jazz up your old pedal with, and the board's made such a huge improvement, I'll be getting the buffer kit (for players who prefer wah in front of fuzz), and maybe some of the other stuff as well.