• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

My way of getting a Strat and Tele sound options in a 3 pickup guitar

tildeslash

Silver Supporting Member
Move the middle rw/rp from middle to the neck position. So now the neck is rw/rp. Use a Stew-Mac switch Model-E where the middle position gives you the Neck/Bridge pickup combination.

This is what you get
Position 1 - Normal Neck
Position 2 - Neck/Middle hum-cancelling and quacky
Position 3 - Neck/Bridge hum-cancelling, quacky and Tele like
Position 4 - Middle/Bridge - NOT hum-cancelling, don't care for this
Position 5 - Normal Bridge

I like as this gives me the quack in the 2nd position and the Tele goodness in the middle position and the middle position is hum-cancelling.

I am doing an assembly right now where I am using Tele pickups with a non rw/rp middle strat pickup. The Tele neck is rw/rp.

This gives me a few options where I can get Tele and Strat tones out of one guitar. Yeah I know the body shape has a lot to do with tone but I am thinking this scheme is pretty cool to me. Somewhat more versatile.

Unless you really need that Position 4 than you're on your own.

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
you could make position 4 your position 5 - and then make position 5 a kill switch. slamming between the bridge pickup to silence like a machine gun could be fun!

tildeslash

Silver Supporting Member
The Stewmac switch won't let me do that - I think. I'll have to look into it.
But that is a cool suggestion - thanks.

fr8_trane

Silver Supporting Member
I would try a Rio Grande Stelly bridge pickup for a more authentic tele tone than a strat bridge pickup.

I would also wire the second tone control for the bridge only.

benjammin420

ive done this type of mod on strats on the past, now i have one thats wired with a push-pull tone pot that will activate the neck p-up in any position.

1- Neck
2- Neck/mid
3-Mid (or neck/mid)
4- Bridge/mid ( or 3 all)
5- Bridge (or neck/bridge)

i really like the neck/bridge tone, but more and more i like to leave all 3 on with the mid tone rolled down to 2 or 3, its like woman tone with bite