my witchdoctor keeps shocking me!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by s2khawk, Mar 31, 2008.

1. s2khawk

s2khawk Member

not sure what is wrong and I build/modify amps for a living so I know all the ins/outs of an amp. For some reason my voodoo witchdr. keeps shocking me. I realize my house is old school '60 but my other amps aren't shocking me plus people played amps for decades with no grounded outlets and they worked fine. Anyone have any ideas what to do? All 4 other amps have no grounding issues but this monster that I use all the time (the witchdoctor is godlyke, just an amazing amp, buy one asap if you can) is shocking me with a low voltage tremor thru the cable/strings. It only does the shockage during nights not during the daytime so I'm clueless as to what is causing the issue.

2. tmac

tmac Goldmember Gold Supporting Member

Are you sure there isn't a loose or intermittant ground connection on the cord set or other part of the amp? A lot of times they're bolted to chassis in some manner and they can get loose or broken from the torque put on them. Check for continuity on all grounds.

3. Flux

Flux Member

Sounds like bad JuJu...

4. s2khawk

s2khawk Member

it is bad juju for sho....ive got the chassis out and will check the grounds thanks.

5. Voodoo Amps

Voodoo Amps Member

not sure what is wrong and I build/modify amps for a living so I know all the ins/outs of an amp. For some reason my voodoo witchdr. keeps shocking me. I realize my house is old school '60 but my other amps aren't shocking me plus people played amps for decades with no grounded outlets and they worked fine. Anyone have any ideas what to do? All 4 other amps have no grounding issues but this monster that I use all the time (the witchdoctor is godlyke, just an amazing amp, buy one asap if you can) is shocking me with a low voltage tremor thru the cable/strings. It only does the shockage during nights not during the daytime so I'm clueless as to what is causing the issue.

It is odd that the problem only occurs during night time hours and not during the day (very unusual). Please ship the amp to us and we will go over it thoroughly.

Feel free to give me a call (607-256-0465)
    Trace

6. s2khawk

s2khawk Member

Thanks Trace. The chassis has no funny voltage on it just the cable/strings, so its at the input I'd guess.

7. sqadan

sqadan Member

You must have angered the witchdoctor... he's punishing you!

Here is the solution:

1.) get a live chicken
    2.) light some candles..... hee hee

8. s2khawk

s2khawk Member

I will do this tonite with war paint and my schenker V...the witchdoctor is out for blood on a good day (I moved mine to a custom solid pine cab with a G12H30 from its puny vibrochamp cab) so you can imagine if she's an angry witchdoc, notsogood...