1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

My woman's cooler than your woman.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Wooley, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Wooley

Wooley Member

My fiancee got up this morning and came in to her office to use the computer. She saw that I had been looking at an Emma Discombobulator online. So what do you think she did?... She bought it for me.
    Despite the enormous amount of pedals I already have and the fact that my music room and her office are the same room with pedals everywhere (on my board, on the floor, on the coffee table, ON HER DESK!), I have a brand new envelope filter comin' my way.
    Guys, I think it might be love. ;)

2. Jacobpaul81

Jacobpaul81 Member

With pedals :rolleyes:

3. datguytim

datguytim Supporting Member

My wife gets stoked whenever I get any new piece of gear - totally supportive. She even listens upon my request & gives geniune feedback. Loves the Matchless tone! Digs Zvex pedals! AND she's super cool, can cook up a storm, & is hotter than f**k in the looks & performance department! I think I win!!!:)

4. somecafone

somecafone Member

datguytim [​IMG] vbmenu_register("postmenu_1294468", true);

My wife gets stoked whenever I get any new piece of gear - totally supportive. She even listens upon my request & gives geniune feedback. Loves the Matchless tone! Digs Zvex pedals! AND she's super cool, can cook up a storm, & is hotter than f**k in the looks & performance department! I think I win!!!:)

Can you post some pics?
    If not, you wanna buy some?

They need a rimshot emoticon.

5. Fuzzdawg

Fuzzdawg Member

my wife bought me an OCD for my birthday, and is going to order me a timmy for our anniversary...

6. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Supporting Member

man, youre lucky. my lady is pretty cool about my gear obsessions...although she doesnt quite understand, shes ok with it, and she knows about tone pretty decently for a girl too...the badside is she knows when im having an "off" night...lol

you will absoulutly love the discombobulator. ive been using one pretty extensivly for over a year, and it replace my orig. mutron micro IV. its awesome....bootsy in a box :p

7. trisonic

trisonic Member

Er, we just had a thread almost 100% identical to this one!

Nice story though! I just keep getting deja vu...

When you're married hope for this:
    2 Strats, 1 Chapin, 1 '52 Telecaster, 1 UniValve and 1x12 c/w Celestion Blue - that's just all gifts from my Wife.

Best, Pete.

8. drolling

drolling Member

You just wait & see what happens when you "make an honest woman" out of her. I am neither bitter nor cynical, but I've been there, and been done by that.

When the smoke clears, and the bodies've been bagged, we'll still be here for you;)

9. Wooley

Wooley Member

Wow, I thought people would be jealous and kinda bummed out... but it's nice to know I didn't get the only good one.
    Still, since this seems to be turning into a friendly comptetition, which I think should be fun, I submit the following:
    For Valentine's day last year she got me a real NFL Football and a subscription to Playboy.
    For my birthday she got me a 60-inch LCD HD TV (I like movies).
    For Christmas she got me a massive propane grill with rotisserie and a range.
    Today the Discombobulator.
    She is getting me a Larrivee acoustic.
    She cooks about 3 nights a week: Salmon, Pork Loin, Lamb, you name it; I took Chilean Sea Bass leftovers to work on Monday.
    She is 33 and has the body of a 23 year old thanks to Pilates in the morning and the gym in the evening.
    Because she agrees that Valentine's day is usually a woman-oriented holiday, this year I took her out and gave her presents... but, on March 14th she did "Steak and Bl*wj#b Night"... I swear to God.
    And finally, she made 3 times as much money as me last year.
    Eat your hearts out, suckers! :D

10. kgmessier

kgmessier Member

Are you going to start a "My Daddy Can Beat Up Your Daddy" thread next?

11. deeval

deeval Supporting Member

Things will change when you get Married,so get all you can Now!:BEER

12. Wooley

Wooley Member

Maybe, my Daddy kicks a lot of ass.

13. trisonic

trisonic Member

Oh, Yeah - I remember her!:p

Best, Pete.

14. MaxBoogie

MaxBoogie Member

LOL!!!!

15. devbro

devbro Member

Hmmmmm.
    Mine used to be like that too. Then I married her:jo
    Be carefull, it could be another marketing scheme like the one that got me.

16. lcjc800

lcjc800 Member

I had a significant other that bought me a Les Paul for one Xmas,a strat for my birthday( I had on layaway at a music store,banged on the door after closing to get it) she had me looking all over the house for the Saturday morning paper and it was lying on the floor in front of it. A mayer vision wah that she bought off a guys board because GC said they could get her one and didn't. And when it was all said and done no matter how much we loved each other, it didn't work out. The pauls gone, the strat to, and a huge piece of my soul. I think about her all the time and I know someday I'll see her in the crowd and may be it won't hurt or maybe it won't matter. but in the end I still got a really great Wah.

17. kgmessier

kgmessier Member

Sorry to hear that, bro. :(

It's fitting that she left you with the wah, the one pedal that can make your guitar cry.

- Keith

18. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

After I recoup from my recent "losses" mine wants me to pick up a Tyler Strat and another couple of amps. She also wants me to start buying and selling more as she see's how much fun I have at it. We have been together for 10 years and I am pretty stoked! M.E.

19. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Vendor

20. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

I should probably post this on the emporium, but at this moment, I would be willing to trade my wife for a nice black guard tele . . . .
    anyone interested?