• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

My worse gig ever...

67blackcherry

Played an outdoor festival on Sunday...it rained buckets on Saturday (I should be greatful) but the sun was BRUTAL early Sunday morning (we went on at 9am) and the humidity was 80%+ (not used to that out here in dry So Cal) I was sweating profusely and to add insult to injury there was a big black gnat buzzing around right in my face and I couldn't get rid of it, I'm dancing around like some sort of weirdo trying to ditch this stupid little bug and our set got cut short (we went on late, no fault of ours, the soundmen were having issues) but the worse part about it?
My beloved '71 Vibrolux Reverb didn't work. Wouldn't turn on. Had power to it, and the AC plug in back of the unit was working as my board had power to it so...it gets worse...

I actually had to use a solid state Marshall. Oh, the shame of it all. I've been playing vintage Fenders for 20yrs+ and tube amps for 35yrs+ and...to hear myself through a solid state Marshall...it was agony.

Note to self...ALWAYS bring my little Superchamp xd, to prevent an issue like this.

Heinz57Pep

At the hottest outdoor gig I ever played my main amp powered up but I couldn't get a sound out of it. Fortunately I had a backup that day.

Clyde Billt

Gold Supporting Member
:console
Sometimes you need a bad one to remind you how awesome the goods ones are.

Solid state Marshall though.
That's a bit....ehhh.............

RCM78

Saturday night I broke the same string on two guitars during the same song... Had to take a 5 minute break to replace the strings...

Irreverent

:console
Sometimes you need a bad one to remind you how awesome the goods ones are.

Solid state Marshall though.
That's a bit....ehhh.............
Well, since he's only played two gigs ever, I can see that he would be upset by the worse of the two.

Peace.

Steve73

I just played an outdoor this month with supplied backline and I had to go threw three amps before I found one that worked. Luckily, the third did and it was a decent sounding AC30. I usually get Hot Rod Deluxes or Devilles for backline and I can work with those.

Steve Hotra

Gold Supporting Member
Angels / Red Sox were rained out, too.
Lots of crazy summer weather this year.
Yep .... you always need a back up amp / system in case your tube amp goes dead.

greenhilander

I have one of those old ART preamp/effects and a midi controller board. Fits in a small rack, I have 4 serviceable patches that actually sound decent. Direct into the PA. Throw a little in the monitors and good to go. Small and I don't mind the tone. They are cheap too. I got the whole shootin match for 120 bucks.

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
Saturday night I broke the same string on two guitars during the same song... Had to take a 5 minute break to replace the strings...
Oh man that sucks! I broke a string and had to dig my 2nd guitar out of the gig bag. But, I was very quick and it was a killer gig. Got 6 more dates!

jonnytexas

Played an outdoor festival on Sunday...it rained buckets on Saturday (I should be greatful) but the sun was BRUTAL early Sunday morning (we went on at 9am) and the humidity was 80%+ (not used to that out here in dry So Cal) I was sweating profusely and to add insult to injury there was a big black gnat buzzing around right in my face and I couldn't get rid of it, I'm dancing around like some sort of weirdo trying to ditch this stupid little bug and our set got cut short (we went on late, no fault of ours, the soundmen were having issues) but the worse part about it?
My beloved '71 Vibrolux Reverb didn't work. Wouldn't turn on. Had power to it, and the AC plug in back of the unit was working as my board had power to it so...it gets worse...

I actually had to use a solid state Marshall. Oh, the shame of it all. I've been playing vintage Fenders for 20yrs+ and tube amps for 35yrs+ and...to hear myself through a solid state Marshall...it was agony.

Note to self...ALWAYS bring my little Superchamp xd, to prevent an issue like this.
Fuse?

jota

I always carry my 65Amps London Pro head with me as a spare.
I can connect it to the speaker of my DRRi quick if somethings wrong.
Last gig, I had a problem with the DRRi and I was happy that I carried the 65 with me!
Sounded great!
Unfortunately we had a serious of issues with the sound company.
It had some good things (like trying out our new songs) but we should never accepted that gig.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
^ a 65 backing up a DRRI. That's a new one.

What kind of gig kicks off at 9am… was there even a crowd to hear the crummy SS Marshall?

Trending Topics