• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Mysterious Jensen speakers

guitar_man_6

I recently bought a used silverface Twin Reverb. The price was good ($400) but, among other idiosyncrasies, it came with two 32 ohm (!) Jensen speakers. They've since been replaced and a very thorough tech seemed satisfied that the circuit hasn't been damaged as a result. I am curious, however, as to the identity of the speakers. 32 ohm speakers are - to my knowledge - very rare in guitar speakers, so I suspect they are a slightly unusual make. They each have ID codes on the rim, but I've spent a fair bit of time trawling the net, and can't seem to match them to anything. The code on one of them is as follows:
008498-320OHMS
67-7611-FE(?)12327

Any thoughts?

SatelliteAmps

guitar_man_6 said:
I recently bought a used silverface Twin Reverb. The price was good ($400) but, among other idiosyncrasies, it came with two 32 ohm (!) Jensen speakers. They've since been replaced and a very thorough tech seemed satisfied that the circuit hasn't been damaged as a result. I am curious, however, as to the identity of the speakers. 32 ohm speakers are - to my knowledge - very rare in guitar speakers, so I suspect they are a slightly unusual make. They each have ID codes on the rim, but I've spent a fair bit of time trawling the net, and can't seem to match them to anything. The code on one of them is as follows:
008498-320OHMS
67-7611-FE(?)12327

Any thoughts?
They aren't Jensens. They are 1976 Eminences. Most likely out of a PA system.

Trending Topics