Mystery Guitar!! Help!

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by Timerthy, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Timerthy

Timerthy Member

My brother own an acoustic guitar for years and it's been passed around in the family. I've recently come in contact with it and I want to rebuild the entire thing (it's jus a shell right now) The only problem is I have no idea what kind of guitar it is. I've searched for months and can't find out. Inside it has a small tag that says D-28, which is a Martin model, but the headstock doesn't match Martin at all.
    Does anyone recognize this or would anyone know how I can find out what Brand/Model it is????

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. 84Bravo

84Bravo Member

3. dcarey

dcarey Member

True, it does resemble a Gallagher headstock, but I've never seen a Gallagher headstock without a logo on it.

Do you have other pictures?
    Have you looked inside the sound hole, towards the neck block and tail block?
    You may find something there.

Good luck, Dan

4. David Collins

David Collins Member

More pics and info would be needed. From the truss rod cover and nut it looks like a cheaper asian import of some sort.

5. Timerthy

Timerthy Member

I don't have other pictures right now, but I can get some. Gallager looks REALLY close, but does not have a logo.
    I did in fact look inside the sound hole, towards the neck block and tail block. There's a serial number, but I wasn't sure if that would help me or not without a brand.