• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

N.A.D. - Bludotone Osiris

Steve Ouimette

Silver Supporting Member
At long last it has arrived. I work primarily in the video games and tv/film trailer space and have been looking for Osiris all my life (even if I didn't know it).

This amp has ridiculous amounts of gain on tap and it is controlled through both a gain and drive control as well as with the master volume. 100 watts and tons of tonal shaping options. I'd say the distortion has a similar tonal quality to a Marshall Superlead but the frequency range extends way lower to give that low end that comes from a Dual Rectifier.

At first I thought the tight/loose switch would make for a flubby bottom end in the loose position but it doesn't. It just adds more "ass" to the bottom and is perfect for holding longer chords while still having killer definition. The voicing in the tight mode allows for faster transients and picking without being shrill.

The spread control is sort of like a resonance in that it helps tune the amount of bottom end to the cab. Right now I'm using 3 different cabs with it. A Marshall basketweave with V30's and Heritage H30's. A Mills Afterburner with Eminence Texas Heats and Swamp Thangs, and a Mojave 2x12 with JBL Toranado's. The last one is via Brandon's recommendation of speaker and I have to say it's an incredible match. Great clarity and super tight.

I'm just recording it now for a film trailer so I'll have an update soon. In the meantime here's a shot of it on my amp rack. Crap picture, amazing amp.

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Platinum Supporting Member
def interested to hear this!
tube complement is?

Joe Perry

Congrats!!! Brandon builds a heck of an amp. My Drifter is amazing. He delivers in both tone and professionalism.

Steve Ouimette

Silver Supporting Member
It's a neodymium 12" speaker that JBL makes. Light magnet, super tight and great clarity and power handling.

Pete Faragher

Congrats !!!!
I heard rumours of this amp.
Subscribing to this thread in hopes of hearing some clips !!!!

cholula69

Silver Supporting Member
All the Bludotone amps look great. I am saving up to place a deposit for one right now. Just about there...

MikeyG

Silver Supporting Member
Can this sound vintage to hotrod Marshallish at lower gain settings? Does this amp go beyond that into Alice In Chains or Dual Recto type gain?

[EDIT] - I found two clips on youtube. 1 very modern metal sounding, the other was light gain through a Tele ... so I guess it covers a wide range.

Still interested if it can cop a hotrod Marshall tone.....

Last edited:

sfarnell

Silver Supporting Member
Hi all, the speakers are indeed Jensen Jet Tornado's, I just love them, and they're 4 lbs!
Brandon, do you like these speakers with D style amps?

Congratulations on your new designs. I'm excited to hear em.

Trending Topics