N.A.D, Dc30

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by axelfoley, Jan 26, 2012.

1. axelfoley

axelfoley Supporting Member

Finally picked this up today from a forum member. I have logged in an hour so far.
    Here are my first impressions.

I love it! The tone clean or dirty is absolutely magical. I haven't spent much time on the ax7 side yet but the click channel is even better than I hoped it would be.

Way more gain on tap than I expected. Warm fuzzy tones to fully distorted lead tones a plenty.

She is heavy but not as bad as the badcat 212 combos. A little more manageable size wise.

I am going to play this thing all night and I will make some clips and a more detailed review this weekend. The narrowfiwlds in that swamp ash absolutely sing through this amp.

Here is a quick pic.

[​IMG]

2. spaceman_spiff

spaceman_spiff Supporting Member

Congrats on the NAD! I'm a little green with envy as I've been jonesin' to try a C-30 amp of some sort.

Best of luck!

3. RSRD

RSRD Member

Grats Mate! looks awesome.

4. supersonic1414

supersonic1414 Silver Supporting Member

Congrats.. Be lying if I said I was not jealous... Have you had a Black Cat to compare it to?

5. Blakemore

Blakemore Member

Yes he has, and Im hoping a comparison comes soon!
    Congrats on the new amp!!

6. axelfoley

axelfoley Supporting Member

Thanks guys. I have had the black cat and wild cat. Both great amps that I highly recommend. I have to say that for my style I like the dc better. The biggest difference is that the badcats are a lot more refined sounding. Very tight and more compressed. The Matchless to me is a bit looser, more raw sounding, and has more gain available. Harmonics just seem to jump out of everywhere. I have a very busy right hand. Scratchy, rythmic and purcusive. I get all kinds of "accidental harmonics". I spent hours playing last night. The amps sounds are the most inspiring I have ever played.
    Looking forward to making a demo this weekend.