n(o)ad: Mesa Boogie Mark I 15"

Phletch

Congrats, OP! It looks like it's in really great shape, too. Truly awesome amps those are. Enjoy!

PS - With those settings in the top photo, I'll bet it sounds killer using either input.

scelerat

Gold Supporting Member
I knew the lineage of the Mark series, but up until I demoed this guy, I hadn't played through a Mark I, only a II and a III.

Oh My! I didn't realize how Fendery it can be. In the best way. Like a Fender with brass nuts. And I love Fenders. The reverb on this is over the top. Starts to feed back around 5 or 6, but at that point it's already overwhelmingly drippy. The attack is great, but that goes for all the Mesas I've played. Like KiwiJoe noticed, I had it set to a great setting when I took the picture; the more I drop the mids from there, the more it sounds like a Bandmaster. yadda yadda

Sheeeeeet, mosta you guys already know this. 40-year-old knowledge. Anyway, I'm tickled. I wanna gig this. A little concerned about preserving the finish. I'll get a studio slip or something.

Kenny Blue

Silver Supporting Member
I have an '89 Mark I RI which is a great amp also but I am hoping at some point to replace it with an original '70s Mark I myself.

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Fantastic!!!

Try to get a quad of Sylvania 6L6GC STR's for it...

Wyzard

Gold Supporting Member
Lovely amp you got there.

Fantastic!!!

Try to get a quad of Sylvania 6L6GC STR's for it...
Those are what found their way into my fave MkIIb (or not IIb….., that is the question). It never leaves R2.

Bobby D

that's a REAL mesa-boogie right there, son! and with the 15"......those early MK1 amps are a whole different world away from the later super complicated multiple PC board amps that boogie became....I love those early amps like yours!

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Lovely amp you got there.

Those are what found their way into my fave MkIIb (or not IIb….., that is the question). It never leaves R2.
That's what randall prefered in them according to a guy I met at Namm many years ago. I was begging for a Mark 2 Reissue.

Trending Topics