n00b amp cab question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by chrisrocksusa, Jan 30, 2012.

1. chrisrocksusa

chrisrocksusa Member

I keep seeing listings for empty amp cabs and empty amp head cases.

The empty amp head case puzzles me less though. I want to know what people are doing with the amp guts to these empty combo cabs. At 1st I thought people were pulling them out to make a head out of it, but then why buy a combo in the 1st place? I seem to find listings for these frequently, and I'm just curious as to what you guys are doing w/ your amps -_-

Thanks!
    -Chris :bonk

2. freaksho

freaksho Member

they may change their mind after having it a while. or maybe found a good deal on one config but really want the other. i almost found myself the latter situation when searching for a used Bogner Shiva. there were combos everywhere but i wanted a head. it took a bit of patience (that's the key) but i eventually found the right head.

3. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Member

Trying to figure out tinkerers is like trying to figure out women (if you're a man). You'll drive yourself nuts trying to figure them out. Best, just to accept and enjoy them for what they add to the world and don't question it.

4. teefus

teefus Silver Supporting Member

i have converted amps back and forth from head to combo before depending on my needs.

5. trower

trower Silver Supporting Member

This...My Budda SD45's go from cab to head as needed. Here's one however, I scored a Budda SD45 in the chassis on EBay without a cab! Turns thing around a bit :huh

6. TimSt.L

TimSt.L Member

I actually JUST started a thread about making a head out of my combo. In my situation, I found a really good deal on the combo. I have a few cabs and really liked the way it sounded as a head. And we play shows frequently. So I have to make it less bulky and take some weight off of it so it's more travel friendly.

7. chrisrocksusa

chrisrocksusa Member

lol, that's funny. Good luck w your project, I love Mesa rectumfriers. I actually just got a ROV (head) myself. Used to have a dual in college and missed it