n00b amp cab question

chrisrocksusa

I keep seeing listings for empty amp cabs and empty amp head cases.

The empty amp head case puzzles me less though. I want to know what people are doing with the amp guts to these empty combo cabs. At 1st I thought people were pulling them out to make a head out of it, but then why buy a combo in the 1st place? I seem to find listings for these frequently, and I'm just curious as to what you guys are doing w/ your amps -_-

Thanks!
-Chris :bonk

freaksho

Supporting Member
they may change their mind after having it a while. or maybe found a good deal on one config but really want the other. i almost found myself the latter situation when searching for a used Bogner Shiva. there were combos everywhere but i wanted a head. it took a bit of patience (that's the key) but i eventually found the right head.

Frank Speak

Trying to figure out tinkerers is like trying to figure out women (if you're a man). You'll drive yourself nuts trying to figure them out. Best, just to accept and enjoy them for what they add to the world and don't question it.

teefus

i have converted amps back and forth from head to combo before depending on my needs.

trower

[geer/peyj] hubris confusion paralysis by analysis
Silver Supporting Member
i have converted amps back and forth from head to combo before depending on my needs.
This...My Budda SD45's go from cab to head as needed. Here's one however, I scored a Budda SD45 in the chassis on EBay without a cab! Turns thing around a bit :huh

TimSt.L

I keep seeing listings for empty amp cabs and empty amp head cases.

The empty amp head case puzzles me less though. I want to know what people are doing with the amp guts to these empty combo cabs. At 1st I thought people were pulling them out to make a head out of it, but then why buy a combo in the 1st place? I seem to find listings for these frequently, and I'm just curious as to what you guys are doing w/ your amps -_-

Thanks!
-Chris :bonk
I actually JUST started a thread about making a head out of my combo. In my situation, I found a really good deal on the combo. I have a few cabs and really liked the way it sounded as a head. And we play shows frequently. So I have to make it less bulky and take some weight off of it so it's more travel friendly.

chrisrocksusa

lol, that's funny. Good luck w your project, I love Mesa rectumfriers. I actually just got a ROV (head) myself. Used to have a dual in college and missed it

Trending Topics