• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

NAD: 1976 Vibrolux Reverb

Figaro

Silver Supporting Member
A guy emailed me about a VHT amp I have for sale on Craigslist. He says he has a few things to trade, including a nice 1973 Vibrolux Reverb and of course would need cash with the trade. I take my amp over to his house and he uncovers a near mint VR. He said he bought it years ago from a man that had it sitting in his house for over 40 years. He didn't want to take it out to play because of it's nice condition. He decided he didn't want my amp but he sold me the VR for $900. After I got it home I discover it's a 1976 but no problem because it's in near mint condition and is all original, including all the tubes! The cover is not the correct one but it kept it in great condition over the years. Some of the pots were a little scratchy but after a few turns they are fine. Everything works perfectly and it sounds heavenly! Now I need to service it by replacing the filter caps and probably some tubes.

It always amazes me when all original vintage Fenders still work and also sound great.

Merry Christmas to me! :D

70 Mach 1

Silver Supporting Member
Wow. Nice find and great price. Last few years of the good ones. Bought my 69 off the estate of the original owner. All original too with most original red label tubes, but yours is even a bit cleaner than mine. Great amp and tone. Takes all pedals well. Enjoy it

70 Mach 1

Silver Supporting Member
I play with my originals at moderate levels up to about 4 and will continue to do so until they die.

i dont think the Smithsonian will be calling any of us up, so just play the darn thing as it was meant to. lol

Figaro

Silver Supporting Member
which vht are you getting rid of, please?
The Standard 12 model. It's a handwired tweed Deluxe chassis in a VHT cabinet and has a Celestion G12H Anniversary speaker. Great amp for only $375.

Figaro

Silver Supporting Member
I've decided to keep the original CTS alnico speakers in it. They just sound too good and I'm not going to be gigging with it. Thanks guys!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom