• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NAD: 3rd Power Dual Citizen

TimH

Silver Supporting Member
Picked up this incredible amp a couple of days ago and got to rehearse with it last night.

This is a GAS killer for sure.

I've always wanted the opportunity to run a Fender and Vox rig...two amps in parallel always sounds glorious especially when the tones really compliment each other. But even hauling both an Ac15 and DRRI to a gig it a lot of work...and a lot of work to get sounding right at FoH. I don't know about you guys but in my country gigs I can't even rely on there being a sound guy. Then there's ground and phase issues, complicated pedalboard wiring etc. All that to say, while in theory a two amp rig made a lot of sense and was tempting I never got around to doing it.

My journey toward the DC started a few years ago when I found out about Jamie's amps. I was intrigued by his design theory...two amps in one chassis. However, they were always the "wrong" combo of amps for me. So back in 2013 I sent Jamie a message...basically "would you be able to do Fender/Vox in one amp". In fact he'd already done it...a custom shop deal for Michael Britt of Lonestar. The price was out of my reach. Then, in 2015, the amp became a production model...but it was still too much. A combo would be $4500+tx through Diffusion Audio here in Canada.

Long story short, I finally found a used one and couldn't be happier. Some of my favourite features so far:

• I am DELIGHTED how quality each sound is on it's own. I've played Every modern Vox and none holds a candle to this amp...and I'm not even running it through Alnicos yet. All my John Mayer licks sound as good as they did through my Two Rock ;-)
  • The alt tone switches on each channel are amazing! The tweed sound makes my strat sound just the right amount of fat and the mid shift for the Vox side gives me Matchless Grind.
  • Combining the two channels is actually subtle but effective. The result is AC top end but a fuller overall tone profile. Excuse the crude analogy but now my girl has tits and ass!
  • It is making my dirt pedals less necessary...the Vox side gains us just a bit faster than the fender so I can go from cleanish and then add in the Vox to get a great pushed rhythm sound and for solos really only need a boost. The amp is very sensitive to volume and tone adjustments which suits me as I want to reach for the pedalboard as few times per gig as possible.
So there it is. A dream amp. I haven't even used the Hybrid Master (power scaling 2.0) and didn't mention how awesome the loop sounds. If you're looking for a high quality amp I'd highly recommend Jamie's designs.

Last edited:

Smashies

Gold Supporting Member
Nice! DC owner here. Love it. What cab and speaker? What kinda tolex? Pics?

TimH

Silver Supporting Member
Nice! DC owner here. Love it. What cab and speaker? What kinda tolex? Pics?
Look up...pic added!

Right now I'm running through an Avatar 1x12 cub loaded with a Creamback M. A matching cab is in my future when I can scratch together the funds.

Smashies

Gold Supporting Member
Look up...pic added!

Right now I'm running through an Avatar 1x12 cub loaded with a Creamback M. A matching cab is in my future when I can scratch together the funds.
Love the fawn/black cap tux look!! I play mine through a 1x12 Dream Cab with a Gold. Highly recommend :)

jimijimmyjeffy

Can someone sum up the attraction of Third Power amps for me? Youtube has been inconclusive for me so far. Looks like everybody here likes them.

TimH

Silver Supporting Member
Can someone sum up the attraction of Third Power amps for me? Youtube has been inconclusive for me so far. Looks like everybody here likes them.
Bulletproof, great looking, great sounding amps with real world features like Hybrid Master and killer fx loop...oh and basically getting two amps per head...

joek86

Silver Supporting Member
The 3rd P British Dream is one of the only amps that I've liked and used long term. 3rd P is well made, sounds and looks great. I'm not saying it's my last amp (I'd be fibbing, we on the TGP know there is never a last amp, guitar, or any other piece of gear, lol)

Trending Topics