• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NAD. 3rd Power HD100

Leftyman

Gold Supporting Member
I just purchased a 3rd Power HD100 and I must say I am very impressed with this amp. I have always been curious about these since hearing clips when they first came out. Decided to take the plunge after getting a smokin deal. They also don't make these anymore which surprises me considering how good this thing sounds.

I have owned a bunch of plexi type amps and this is at the top. Just so you get a feel for what I am comparing this to. I have owned the following: Komet Concorde, Wizard Modern and Vintage Classic, Marshall 1987X with and without the Bray mod 1, Marshall reissue 1959 SLP, Germino Lead 55 LV, Metroamp 50 watt kit which has been modded with Friedman's brown eye. I still own the Metro modded brown eye (basically a smallbox) and although I think it's a great amp, (dare I say this on TGP) I might sell it after purchasing the HD100.

The HD100 has tons of gain, can pull off metal tones, loop and master both work great, very articulate and dynamic. Also has a lead volume boost accessible via footswitch. I have nothing to do with 3rd Power. I just thought I would give my 2 cents on a great amp.

Leftyman

Gold Supporting Member
What speakers are you using?
I am using 2 Stoneage 2X12 closed back C cabinets. I run them both at the same time. 1 has Scumback M75's and the other has H55's. I have run both of these together for a long time now and I personally think they compliment each other very well.I also ran them in a 4X12 for awhile with the H55's on the bottom and that sounded great as well.

flcmcya

Silver Supporting Member
Hard not to follow suit considering the price....... even with my rediculous amp addiction I held my composure!

But I will eventually break down! :(

Enjoy!

Leftyman

Gold Supporting Member
Hard not to follow suit considering the price....... even with my rediculous amp addiction I held my composure!

But I will eventually break down! :(

Enjoy!
Well, let's just say I paid less than $1200 paypal'd and shipped with new tubes and perfect condition.

Trending Topics