NAD 50 Caliber Mesa

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by strat22, Mar 1, 2012.

1. strat22

strat22 Member

I picked up my first Mesa tonight. A minty 1986 50 Caliber. Bought it from the original owner. I've been looking for something with great cleans and a nice overdrive tone. We'll see if this one makes the grade. I've been jonesing for a Lonestar but I couldn't pass this one up at the price I paid. Pics to follow.

2. strat22

strat22 Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  3. dughaze

dughaze Member

:cry:

4. strat22

strat22 Member

Well, since I don't play out currently and I can't turn this thing up enough, it's gotta go. Anyone have any input on what a fair price is for one of these?

5. Nickstrtcstr

Nickstrtcstr Lactose Intolerant Guitar Slinger

:aokNice! Have fun with that. Clean amp. Don't get rid of it. Boogies don't do bedroom very well as a rule. You need to start turn knobs and it should work for you.

6. earthlydescent

earthlydescent Senior Member

So you're getting rid of it already? I think you should sell it for how much you bought it for. Give your fellow musician brethren a good deal.

7. strat22

strat22 Member

With two little ones running around I think my budget would be better spent on finally getting a decent acoustic to play at home.

8. mvd18969

mvd18969 Member

It is the older EL84 based version, which is better sounding than the + series (which ran on 6L6s). I've typically seen the ones without the 5-band EQ go for ~$450.

9. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

Those are pretty cool- my 1st good amp. I had one around 87. I sold it pretty quick... but sorta wish I didn't. It had a real sweet, warm, singing lead tone. Once they went to 6L6's it wasn't he same amp....

10. strat22

strat22 Member

For anyone that's interested, this one is on ebay now. The auction is ending tomorrow afternoon.