• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

NAD - Amplified Nation Dirty Wonderland

Carl_Tone

Speakers need a good while to break in...my preference is a 2x12 with a Celestion g1265 and a RWB

I've put a lot of hours on the Dirty Wonderland over the last couple weeks. Very nice amp. It's definitely a big bold amp. Here's an audio recording of it in action. The main rhythm guitar part is the Amplified Nation DW, played with a 90's Strat Deluxe with original Lace Sensors. The Eminence Copperhead was mic'd with an AKG 414 and straight into my RME Fireface 800 pre. No additional processing has been done at all on the track. The solo at the end is also this setup with an '82 tubescreamer and Xotic FX EP Booster added in the chain before the amp.

The other James Brown-ish guitar part is a partscaster Strat (maple body/maple neck, Allen Echoes bridge pickup) into the Bruno Cowtipper 45. The signal before the amp was just Suhr Buffer, Fulltone GT-500 (just the clean boost side - love this side better than any FatBoost I've tried), then JHS Orange Peel, then Xotic FX RC Booster. Mic was an AT4033 mic'ing my 60's Jensen C12N. No processing at all on this track too.

MHG

Sounds great! Funny, I was just playing my Wonderland with my 90's Strat Plus Deluxe with Gold Lace Sensors a moment ago!

I was playing through a recently acquired WGS-ET90, and it sounded phenomenal. I already like it a lot better than the WGS12L. Not that the 12L is bad in any way.......I preferred it to the EV, but I just don't think that type of speaker is my thing. The ET90 isn't even broken in yet, and it sounds really, really, nice!

Sounds great mate. Like the tune too.
Thanks! I'm not enternally proud of the guitar playing, but we recorded it live in the room all at once, so there's no opportunity to overdub and fix flubs.

The chain was the similar to the other song I posted - 90's Strat Deluxe with original Lace Golds ~> line 6 modulation (purple one) ~> Dirty Wonderland ~> Eminence Copperhead is mic'd with AKG 414 ~> FF800

Other guitar plus solo is Strat ~> Carr Slant 6v ~> Celestion Blue

kwd1987

Sounds great! Funny, I was just playing my Wonderland with my 90's Strat Plus Deluxe with Gold Lace Sensors a moment ago!

I was playing through a recently acquired WGS-ET90, and it sounded phenomenal. I already like it a lot better than the WGS12L. Not that the 12L is bad in any way.......I preferred it to the EV, but I just don't think that type of speaker is my thing. The ET90 isn't even broken in yet, and it sounds really, really, nice!
Glad you're liking the ET90. I put two in a 2x12 last year. I really like them. Takes anything thrown at it. The Fuchs heavy overdrive hot rodded lead stuff to the fender glassy cleans.

Reactions: MHG

Trending Topics

Top Bottom