NAD - Axe-Fx III w/ gut shots

LaXu

I suppose the fan move air a bit around the whole chassis but I kinda wonder if that could just work fine with a beefier heatsink. At least the setup looks far better than the Axe-Fx 2 which just had the fan mounted on the ceiling, causing audible noise and resonance.

Also what's with a lot of guitar gear having fans that are anything but silent? Meanwhile my computer is pretty much noiseless with quality fans running at lower RPM.

texhex

Silver Supporting Member
I forgot how good the effects are in this thing. Some of these reverbs are insane now! Loving it.

Last edited:

jzgtrguy

Gold Supporting Member
New AXE ;) Day

Arrived last night and it's great. Believe the hype 5.00 beta 2 firmware is rocking. Build quality is extremely good, thick metal case, very solid construction.

Gut shots:

No pic....

LaXu

I'm with you. I only use hand-wired point-to-point constructed modeling units.

Well it's obvious you don't care about tone at all. Everyone knows if your modeler doesn't have a hangar sized space full of handwired transistors it's not going to sound any good.

Here you can see Cliff working on the 5.00 firmware:

_103998255_ff5c50ee-dc7d-47bf-af2b-8a32ab459488.jpg

bdrepko

Silver Supporting Member
Well it's obvious you don't care about tone at all. Everyone knows if your modeler doesn't have a hangar sized space full of handwired transistors it's not going to sound any good.

Here you can see Cliff working on the 5.00 firmware:

_103998255_ff5c50ee-dc7d-47bf-af2b-8a32ab459488.jpg
I cant tell if your being sarcastic or not :D

Trending Topics

Top Bottom