• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NAD Bruno Cowtipper 90

Just got this amp the other day and last night I was able to crank it up with the band and WOW this thing sounds incredible. The cleans are absolutely perfect. My band tends to play music that requires really clean sound at a loud volume...similar to Chili Peppers or early Live and this amp just absolutely nails that realm. Then, when I hit it with an OD pedal it takes that very well.

The thing I like most about it is that it stays clean cranked, but is also still super responsive to my pick attack...so I can play a quiet passage lightly and then lay into it a little and the volume goes up accordingly. I owned a Fender DRRI and it did not do that...it compressed the signal and made it sound sterile.

Anyway, this pic is from the seller (a fellow TGPer):

Joe Perry

Platinum Supporting Member
Congrats!! Best of luck with it........I love a high power Fendery clean tone platform.

ROKY

Haven't seen much Bruno amp talk in recent years.. congrats on finding an amp that responds the way you need it to .

Good suggestions...I'm not familiar with the "amp in a can" concept...I'll have to do some research...for OD I have a Mad Professor SHOD on my board and it sounds awesome through the 'tipper.

Good for you. What year is the amp? I don't think Bruno has made many 90-watt Cowtippers.
I have no idea...not even sure how to tell. To say that this amp lacks in documentation is an understatement. There is a switch on the front that I honestly have no idea what it does (right below the input jack). I assume it's kind of like a high/low for the input...but it kinda acts like a bright switch :). And on the back there a 90W/45W toggle...but no indication of year...no serial numbers or anything.

Mark Barna

Bruno's bright switches are pretty noticeable, on par with the Super Reverb's, so you'd know it if you heard it. Probably, as you say, it's related to a high-low input. I'd also guess it's not more than four years old by its looks and style.

Bruno never has used serial numbers (I've owned two Brunos in past and currently own one).

Have fun!

It was a pretty bright change when I switched it. I dunno :)

Bruno's bright switches are pretty noticeable, on par with the Super Reverb's, so you'd know it if you heard it. Probably, as you say, it's related to a high-low input. I'd also guess it's not more than four years old by its looks and style.

Bruno never has used serial numbers (I've owned two Brunos in past and currently own one).

Have fun!

Trending Topics