NAD: Can you spot it? And how long will it last?

Boosh

I just installed a new amp in my living room. Here is a picture. Can you spot it?

Alright, not that hard. It's a Roland Cube Lite.

My future wife is due home in an hour. HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE before she freaks about an amp being in the living room? Or will I pull off the "as far as you know, its just a new bluetooth speaker" approach? Only time will tell......

Turi

Lol, nice, does it sound any good?

Re. the wife - I think she'll notice it immediately and hopefully not care much because it's so small.

Boosh

Lol, nice, does it sound any good?

Re. the wife - I think she'll notice it immediately and hopefully not care much because it's so small.
Yea it sounds pretty good as far as I I can tell thus far. I've only used it for half an hour I literally just took it out of the box. It's supposed to model a Roland jc I guess but I've never owned any Roland amp so I don't know.

There is also a Zoom G1on hiding under the couch for the ultimate $150 living room jam sesh hahah. That might not help matters. I just looped some jazz chords over one of the jazz rhythm patterns with the spring reverb in the zoom and the cube sounded very nice. Super fun toys.

The reverb in the cube gets pretty thick. I like the chorus more than the reverb because it stays quite subtle which I like. I messed around with the dirt for about 10 seconds so I'm not going to comment but I will later.

Boosh

It's been 3 and a half days. Still not a peep about the amp. I'm gold. Complaints are completely unwarranted at this point.

zenitB

I have one of those and really like it. Aside from 'on the couch' playing, I plug my laptop in to it. On a bookshelf, it is surprisingly loud and has great bottom end.

Boosh

I have one of those and really like it. Aside from 'on the couch' playing, I plug my laptop in to it. On a bookshelf, it is surprisingly loud and has great bottom end.
The only other experience I have with small solid state practice amps is a Marshall MG15DFX, my first guitar amp ever from the early 00's. This Cube Lite absolutely blows it away in sound. Coupled with the Zoom G1on, its truly an incredible practice/noodling over loops/beats tool without having to fire up the rig. The dirt on the Cube Lite isn't my favorite as was expected, its pretty overly boomy to my ears, but I can't say I've adjusted to EQ at all while using the amp's dirt. The tube screamer on the Zoom does what I need for that.

I haven't listened to music on it yet, I wish it had bluetooth and not just apple compatibility, but maybe an old ipod will get plugged in for some throwback jams.

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
3 days and not a word? Your woman needs repair or she's named Helen Keller. :D

dilznik

"What? This old thing? This has been here for years! Probably since we moved into this joint!"

Reactions: Rod

Boosh

She didn't say anything for 3 days, then I said something, then she claimed to have known it was there the whole time and that it was going to go "back to its home" shortly. I pretty much just didn't respond and it's still in the same place on the end table right now and I use it all the time. hahah.

It sounds fine for just jamming out after work in front of the TV, a little ice picky at times when just used by itself, but I use a bunch of effects on it with a Zoom G1on (hidden under the couch with the necessary cables) and I am able to make it sound great with that.

teofilrocks

Silver Supporting Member
In the last month, I've successfully swapped out a VHT Special 6 head for a Mesa Mark V:25 head and added a Mesa widebody 1x12 cabinet and a Suhr Reactive Load to my gear wall section in the living room without my wife noticing. She doesn't really pay attention to what goes on there, as long it doesn't stick out like sore thumb and I keep it off the credit card statement. That stuff she notices, lol.

rummy

Supporting Member
I just installed a new amp in my living room. Here is a picture. Can you spot it?

Alright, not that hard. It's a Roland Cube Lite.

My future wife is due home in an hour. HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE before she freaks about an amp being in the living room? Or will I pull off the "as far as you know, its just a new bluetooth speaker" approach? Only time will tell......
Haha. I was just about to say, that looks like a bluetooth speaker.

thesjkexperienc

^^^ I made this guitar^^^
Damn, I thought that comfy chair was the amp. Wait till someone falls asleep in the chair and turn it up and blow them right off.

clamflatslim

my girlfriend is gorgeous,10 yrs younger than me and loves guitars and amps.if she had a problem with amps in the livingroom she would have been gone a long time ago.we live in a pretty nice place on the beach.chick magnet.

tmac

Goldmember
Gold Supporting Member
in my living room. it goes to 11. no one noticed.....

cardinal

Haha. I use to have a blue Diezel VH4 in our living room. The wife was OK with it but much prefers that the amps are in the basement now.

Trending Topics