NAD Carr Artemus 2x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by mangoman, Jan 21, 2012.

1. mangoman

mangoman Gold Supporting Member

It pained me to do the trade, but I ended up trading my new Savage Rohr 15x 1x12 for the Carr Artemus. In fact, I traded that, and a PRS SAS that was benched for it AND an SC245 with a tiny bit of cash on my end.

Well, the reason I was even thinking about trading my Savage Rohr was twofold: 1) Wanted something smaller.....too heavy to lug up stairs and into the car and to practice and the gig. I am trying to simple down things. 2) wanted some more clean headroom.

I guess another point would be to have fewer knobs, and no reverb. The reverb on the Rohr isnt that great for me, but the Carr Sportsman's is awesome!

So after a lot of deliberation, i went for the Artemus. WOW! 2x10 package will make my band mates very happy with the saved space. It is deinfitely leaps and bounds easier to load/unload and I can do everything in one trip. Great AC30/15ish tones in SPADES from this thing. Also, some decent American flavored tones as well. ITs not tweedy type tone, but I am trying to figure it out.

Anyway, awesome amp. Everyone was saying GREAT AMP when I was walking out with it. I think it might just be up there with that old DC30 that always haunted me.......

Gigging it on Tuesday. Can fill more notes in then. Havent thrown a pedal at it. Used my strat and the newly acquired SC245.....which by the way was much nicer than the LP I was eyeing.....but thats another spot of contention.....

check one of these out when you can.

2. mangoman

yes, great way to put it. its a boom box. I immediately fell in love with how light it was, and I just got scolded by the wifey for being too loud....vol at 9 oclock with the strat and at 15 watts. I am so afraid of getting this to ripping volume. Thats tomorrow!!!

3. mangoman

rehearsed with it last night. It sat in the mix perfectly, and when I needed it to, jumped out in front for solo. Didnt really use any drive pedals last night, just some modulation. It gave great cleans for what we were doing, and gave that perfect, hairy - just breaking up tone to die for.

Now, If i could just teach our drummer to stop thinking about a ton of stuff and just keep time..........

4. BedroomRockStar01

BedroomRockStar01 Supporting Member

The only thing stopping me from getting one is how loud they are. I played a 1x12 at a local shop w/ the volume around 3 and I was getting the 'Turn it down!' look.

Even on 15 watts it's a monster, but damn it sounds good. If you've got a place to crank it, god speed. It's a killer amp. Congrats!

5. mangoman

With the current project I am working on, a 50's beginnings of rock camp, I only get the volume to 10 o'clock.

Now my gig band, which is indie/alt I get it to noon That is when it is fun!

6. tterry2

tterry2 Member

Did you not the Savage's tone? Or was it just because of headroom? I have a Savage Rohr with a Celestion Blue and it sounds amazing and trying to find an amp that sounds better and I still have not is the Carr really that good?