• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NAD! EVH 5150iii el34 50 watt head review and video

carrjimi

Silver Supporting Member
Picked this up here on the forum (Great dealing with PD1030). I was looking for a hard rock amp for that can cover 70s and 80s hard rock. During the pandemic I got back into the players of my youth, EVH, Lynch, Angus, Rhoads etc. For the last few years I've been doing country and alt-country through Dr Z El84 and 6v6 amps. Mostly lightly overdriven and clean stuff.

So far killer amp for hard rock and metal. The green channel is OK. You could easily do a straight up county gig with it. Not too much character but I did, t buy this amp for the clean tones.

The blue channel is great. I was able get a great heavy crunch tone for early EVH tones right out of the box. It is a much looser feel than the red channel, but I imagine that is on purpose.

The red channel is a searing, modern lead tone that makes you want to play fast! So much gain! I cant imagine putting the gain knob above 12 o'clock.

I'm still in the honeymoon phase but I'm digging it. I need to have it out at a gig to really hear what it can do.

Here's a clip of the amp covering some EVH

Trending Topics