NAD....feel like I'll never need another amp

stratpaulguy86

Silver Supporting Member
Famous last words...

But congrats nonetheless! I remember when Matchless amps were all the rage, never understood why the fell out of the limelight. Great amps, a modern classic IMO.

Dexter.Sinister

Still breathing
Platinum Supporting Member
Enjoy that one! Turn it up and mess with both channels (I used a switching for that). Mine saw several hundred live dates and many hundreds of hours recording. After a decade or so, I moved it on as I was seeking a different take on the AC-30, something less muscular...which turned out to b a '64 AC-30. But it was a great amp.

buddaman71

Student of Life
Gold Supporting Member
I know the feeling. I have a very early Chieftain 212. Way too heavy and loud to gig with regularly, but the single finest amplifier I've ever owned. Congrats.

Last edited:

/13guitarman

Silver Supporting Member
Never say never. I have a spitfire I will never sell but it didn't stop me from buying a suhr sl67.
Congrats on a great amp! It's a keeper

Dirtystranger

I had ben looking at Vox HW, Tophats and was staring look at jm45 types. I figured this was the best of all possible worlds. I have a sweet 62 brown super that is getting no attention now. I know Ill probably want something else at sometime..... but right now I'm rocking the house!! wish I knew to post pics. this is a near mint beauty.

remocity

Silver Supporting Member
NAD....feel like I'll never need another amp.

That feeling will wear off soon and you'll be looking for something else.

buddastrat

Congrats. I know that feeling, I tend to stay with an amp for decade or more once I find the right one. Disagree with the ones that say you'll be looking for something else soon. If you're being honest with yourself and KNOW what you're looking for, then it's the real deal, and not GAS. Now maybe in a long time you're tastes may change and nothing wrong with that.

BrokenRomeo

Silver Supporting Member
I'm sure it sounds great, and you may never NEED another amp, but I'd put money on you wanting another one!! Congrats!!

DiPa

Constant GAS
Platinum Supporting Member
Congrats on your acquisition!
I remember saying those words many many years back, that I will never need another amp, wow, Man I have been searching tone ever since I can remember, it's been fun and the quest goes on...

Trending Topics