NAD Fender 68 Custom twin:)

fargonoF

How does it compare to other Twins? Does this benifit much from the earlier breakup in these 68 customs, concidering that it's a Twin which generally never breaks up?

AXXA

Silver Supporting Member
Cool, I haven't heard much about the new Twin yet. How's the custom channel?

ken374

Thanks a lot im digging it, prb going to try my gold tip speaker cable in it. I know it sounded better with the BLDX. Going to try my Gold lion V1 in and have JJ803 I liked for a v2 and Slyvania PI tube. Anybody know the tube layout?

ken374

Cool, I haven't heard much about the new Twin yet. How's the custom channel?
I only played it for a few yesterday, Custom seemed brighter with my pedals. I though the Vintage was for pedals but I think I read that the custom was hmm have to check into that.

ken374

How does it compare to other Twins? Does this benifit much from the earlier breakup in these 68 customs, concidering that it's a Twin which generally never breaks up?
I didnt try the other twins, I just like the 68 looks and the upgraded transformers and handwired tube sockets. So I went with that. Bet the new Vibrolux is cool, just enough wattage and 2 10 inch speakers. I haven't had 2 speaker amp in awhile it sure sounds full at lower volume.

ken374

Wonder if better power tubes really make a difference when you are just running a clean amp? In stead of biasing it or taking it in I could just by the same coded ones and just pop them in, I know its a lot more costly to do that for Groove tubes. Tungsol's are better grade from what I heard.

ken374

The Custom channel works better for pedals so far, Vintage channel cleans sounded really good with my SG, cant wait too crank it. I ended up taking my favorite Gold Lion RI in the V1 out it just seems to bright with the pedals V30 ish top end so I put a NOS GE WA long plate in and seems perfect being a warmer tube. Funny thing is with my Bogner Pedals I always had the volume on the pedal at 10 o clock, then I noticed with the pedal turned off the cleans weren't too loud. So I lowered the pedal volume to 9 o clock and there's that warmer tone I love! that was the key with boost on it matched the clean volume much better.